How much does liposuction of the flanks usually cost?

I really want to have that small waist and nice hips look

Liposuction and Price

Liposuction pricing is dependent on a lot of things but mainly the expertise of the surgeon and how detailed the procedure. The type of liposuction shouldn't matter as the person using the tool is always better than any tool on its own. I have 5 different devices and customize my approach to each person, their goals, and their body shapes. Anyone discounting for areas or size of the person is really not doing liposculpting, they are doing bulk reduction of fat and that never gives the best results. You should go to someone with expertise, who specializes in body shaping/contouring, and has a practice dedicated to this type of procedure. This will limit any complications or poor results. Best, Dr. Emer.

The cost for liposuction

Liposuction is typically priced per area.

Many plastic surgeons will discount the per-area price when multiple areas are treated at the same time.

On top of this, there are facility fees and possible anesthesia fees.

I personally do not use general anesthesia so that there is no anesthesia fee, but I do insist on using an accredited operating room.

Per-area fees for liposuction vary between $1,200 and $5,000 depending on who you see and how many areas are treated. 

When treating the hips and waist, it is almost always necessary to treat the upper and lower abdomen as well. If the abdomen is not treated in conjunction with the hips and waist, an unbalanced and unnatural result is typically obtained. This is something that needs to be discussed during an in-person consultation.

A reasonable fee, including the anesthesia and facility fees, for liposuction of the abdomen, waist and hips would be $6,500. 

Price is no guarantee of quality of work. That said, the most talented and experienced body contouring specialists rarely give significant discounts.

Liposuction done poorly or on someone who is not a good candidate can potentially lead to disfiguring results. Be careful on who you choose.

I suggest you have a few in-person consultations.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Liposuction

Go on some consultations with experts in your area and compare fees to find the best price for you with a surgeon you trust

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Cost

Anywhere from $500 to $1500 depending on how many other areas you do at same time and whether you want to do under local anesthetic or be asleep with general anesthesia.  I encourage single area and low volume fat adpiration cases to be done under lical.

Michael A. Giuffrida, MD
Venice Plastic Surgeon

Cost for liposuction is based on time, facility and anesthesia fees and number of areas being treated. Consultations with your local plastic surgeons will provide you with a better idea of how much it would cost for your surgery.

Gregory Park, MD

Liposuction of flanks

That is tough to answer without seeing photos. So much of the pricing is based on the areas being liposuctioned and the time it takes to perform the surgery. The surgeon's fee, anesthesia fee and operating room fees are generally all time dependent. I would say for an average-sized patient under general anesthesia the total cost would be $5,000 - $6,000. However, almost always I will liposuction the abdomen along with the flanks and this would push the price up another $2,000. Good luck!
Thomas Taylor, MD
Pasadena, CA

Thomas S. Taylor, MD, FACS
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Flank lipo

The costs depend on time, areas treated, and anesthesia fees. Tumescent liposuction is still the gold standard and safest approach.

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Cost

just lipo of the hips will likely cost $3000 if done under local anesthesia.  Having general anesthesia usually costs a little more

David S. Rosenberg, MD