Major thigh swelling after BBL on 11/25. Should I be concerned? (Photo)

I am 4 days post op from a BBL. I have major swelling to both my thighs although I did not have liposuction done in that area. I haven't been able to see my dr since he is currently on vacation, but the not so trustworthy clinic says there's nothing wrong. I'm still worried though. I don't have pain in my legs at all, but my left heel is tender. I walk a lot, drink a lot of water and sleep with my feet elevated on a pillow and yoga mat. Should I be concerned?

Post operative care

One of the most important aspect of choosing your surgeon is the post operative follow up and the availability of the surgeon( That is what you want, personal care).
Your surgeon is on vacation, then there should be a surgeon covering for him/her. See the surgeon covering.
The office personnel is not qualified to make a diagnosis or give a medical advise.

Thigh swelling after BBL?

Common things being common, I would say that most likely it is a result of the compression garment and the movement of fluid downward based on gravity.  It will likely resolve in a couple weeks after the garment is discontinued.  However, even if your plastic surgeon is out of town, someone should be able to address your concerns.  No good surgeon goes out of town a couple days after a BBL and doesn't have someone that can see you if need be.  

Take care and good luck.

Shayne Webb, MD

Swelling of thighs

It is not uncommon to have swelling in your thighs. The fluids from the procedure settle in the legs due to gravity. Also, the stress response of the surgery with anesthesia can cause overall body fluid retention. What is worrisome and deserves a work up for DVT would be pain or tenderness in the leg, unilateral swelling, warmth or redness, which your plastic surgeon will screen for in your follow up.

Joel Patrick Maier, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

General swelling is common

It is common to have general swelling after any type of surgery. With gravity swelling will move down. You should be able to visit or follow up with the nurse after surgery if your surgeon is on vacation. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Consultation

Hi good afternoon thank you very much for the question, as you mention your surgeon is on vacation and the office personal don't have the know lounge to address the problem, so the only way to resolve this is to make an appointment with another PS near you location.
if you are using a adjust garment 3/4 body shape as you shows in the picture I think another garment will resolve the inmrdiated problem, need to wear another one but longer until the uncle. 

Best of luck ! 

Major thigh swelling after BBL on 11/25. Should I be concerned?

Thank you for your question, swelling in thighs, legs, arms and feet is normal after the Brazilian butt lift, however if your Doctor is out on vacation you should still be able to visit the office for a check up by a nurse or an assistant Doctor.

Good luck.
Salvador Pantoja M.D.

Salvador Pantoja, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon