My stomach parts in two. I don't have children. Is it a condition? Can I fix this? If it is fixable, is it permanent? (Photo)

I'm 30, 5'4 & weight 192. I wear size 16 pants. When I graduated high school I was a size 5 and was I was weighing about 125. I don't remember wearing tight pants nor shorts growing up but I have ALWAYS had this ugly stomach. When I was younger I worked out religiously. I would kill myself doing sit-ups and I never achieve a flat stomach. I'm been working out again and I'm determined to lose weight. I have saved up some money hoping that maybe surgery will fix my problem once I loose the weight. Thanks

My stomach parts in two. I don't have children. Is it a condition? Can I fix this? If it is fixable, is it permanent?

Hi. It appears that the line of demarcation falls along the waist line. This may be a result of years of wearing your pants or skirts to this level. Most important is that you are overweight. I would attempt to get as close to your ideal weight as possible and then have a tummy tuck and lipo. Should you become pregnant after a tummy tuck, there should be no poor lens whatsoever. I also realize that patients plateau at a certain weight. The tummy tuck and lipo will,often serve as an incentive afterwards.

I am certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and have been performing tummy tucks in the Miami area for the past 29 years. I encourage you to look up the surgeon you eventually select and make sure they have years of experience in performing tummy tucks. Furthermore request to see before and after photos of previous patients by that doctor....not a clinic or surgery center. Do your homework......research and verify the doctor's credentials. Have they had problems with the Board of Medicine, disciplinary or otherwise. Any law suits?

How about the center, clinic or facility? Are they accredited by a national organization or do they just have State approval. Understand that at the current time, there are three nationally recognized organizations responsible for the highest levels of patient safety, AAAASF, AAACH and JCHO. You owe it to yourself to position yourself for the best possible results but under the most stringent safety regulations, If you have kids, even more so.

How about anesthesia? Will you have a medical doctor certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology or a certified nurse anesthetist (CRNA)? Understand that there is no substitute for research. Cosmetic surgery, no matter how simple it may be to the patients, are invasive procedures and as such carry certain risks and complications

In our office we use TouchMD which is a web based program in which patients have the ability to load their picture unto the program. I then evaluate them and can actually draw on the picture to show a potential patient where the incisions would be located and how the procedure is to be realized. It's all done to comply with HIPPA which is the federal law that protects the patient's medical information. Look them up. I would encourage you to contact our office. Submit your photos and I'll work on them and give you an opinion to what is best in your case. Good luck Dr PG

A tummy tuck should give very nice results.

The problem you’re describing should be able to be resolved with a tummy tuck to remove excess skin and tissue. You can possibly further refine your abdominal contours with some liposuction as well. Of course, a physical evaluation would be needed to say for sure what the best approach might be. Your BMI is a little high for a tummy tuck currently, and most surgeons would prefer numbers in the normal range (18.5-25). You’ll also see better results after your surgery if you reach and maintain a healthy target weight for several months before your procedure.

Tummy tuck

Of course if you lose weight it will help, but the only way to really fix this is with a tummy tuck.   There is no way that his has anything to do with the way you wore your clothes.

There is no 'condition'

as yours is a direct reflection of your undesired weight gain.  You should get down to a weight you can easily maintain with your normal activities before having any kind of surgery to fix this.  You are looking at lipoabdominoplasty as well as liposuction.  Liposuction alone is woefully inadequate.  Find a local plastic surgeon who can help you navigate this journey you are about to embark upon.

Curtis Wong, MD

My stomach parts in two . . .

An abdominoplasty would be dramatic in reshaping your tummy. The lower abdominal role will be taken out during the procedure. However, you need to make sure you are done having children prior to proceeding and it will also be helpful to get our BMI less than 30 to make for a more safe and successful outcome (lost weight to 170 pounds at least). In the meanwhile, you could consider liposuction to help lessen the fat, but a tummy tuck will ultimately be needed to reshape. Thanks for sharing.

Joel Patrick Maier, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Stomach with 2 parts

Don't worry this is correctable.i would try to get to your ideal weight and then have some lipo and a tummy tuck.This will all be resolved.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty for Double Stomach

You have a fairly common problem. A Lipo Abdominoplasty can resolve the problem. I would advise some weight loss to get optimal results. 

All The Best !

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck would help address the skin redundancy.

Los Angeles, CA.................................

Yes surgery can address your issues. But weight loss first would allow an better result. seek a few in person opinions... 

Double bubble tummy deformity can be fixed with tummy tuck

You have a common problem that can be fixed with an abdominoplasty = tummy tuck and liposuction. It would be best if you lost some weight so that you would get a better result and be in a healthier body.

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon