Can Flat-Chested Women Benefit from Hormone Therapy to Enlarge Breasts Like M->F Do?

Can flat-chested women benefit from hormone therapy to enlarge breasts like M->F do?

Breast augmentation is preferable to hormones

Typically it is not advisable to add hormone therapy to change the size of the breasts.   There are risks associated with hormone therapy, and if there is not a particular reason to use hormones, the best choice to increase your breast size would be breast augmentation.

Hormone use to increase breast size

There are risks associated with that type of treatment and is generally not recommended to increase breast size in women. I would suggest a breast augmentation instead.

Hormone replacement therapy carries many risks for woman so it would not be advisable unless your estrogen levels are very low. Breast augmentation with a board certified plastic surgeon would be the best option for enhancement. 

Scott Chapin, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Hormone Therapy to Enlarge Breast Size

I would not recommend hormone therapy to increase your breast size. Hormone therapy has several side effects and affects your whole body. I would suggest getting breast implants.

Hormone Therapy to Enlarge Breasts in Flat Chested Women?

Thank you for the question. There are risk and side effects to giving women hormones to increase their breast size. It is not advisable unless a women has low estrogen levels. Breast augmentation using silicone or saline implants would be a much more safe alternative to enlarge a small breast.

Stanley Castor, MD

Thank you for your question!  As a cis woman, your genetic predisposition for breast size is relatively set.  On the contrary, a transgender woman modifies her hormonal makeup to enhance the size of her breasts in addition to changing her body fat distribution and emotional benefits.  There are risks and benefits with using hormones and I would recommend you seek answers to this by your primary medical doctor or specialist.  Typically, breast augmentation is the ideal method to enhancing the breast size or fat transfer to the breasts.  I hope this helps!

Hormones to increase size

In many case estrogen in the form of birth control pills increase breast size however this is not the purpose of the BCP and you have to weigh pros and cons which your gynecologist can discuss with you. More importantly, this is a variable response and not all women will respond the same way and many do not see an appreciable size change.
For a larger breast consider a breast augmentation from a board certified plastic surgeon

Hormones

Generally not advisable unless you have abnormally low levels of circulating estrogens.  There are risks involved with hormone replacement therapy.  Best option for vast majority of women is going to be augmentation.  

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

Hormone Therapy to Enlarge Breasts

Thank you for the question.  Hormone therapy is not advisable to female patients since it can cause certain risks and side effects.  A more common approach to increase breast size is breast augmentation.  Visiting a board-certified plastic surgeon would present you with options to enlarge your breasts and give you a full evaluation. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Hormones for breast augmentation?

Unfortunately it is not such a good idea in women - hormones have significant side effects and therefore are not recommended for breast augmentation.

I hope this helps!