How Can I Fix My Asymmetrical Jaw Line? (photo)

About 3 years ago i was noticing a pain in my jaw, turned out i had TMJ, which i think my have caused the left side of my jaw to develop larger muscles or possibly even change my bone structure? Now everytime i look in the mirror i notice how out of balance my face is and its really started to effect the way i view myself. How can i fix this?

Doctor Answers 3

Jawline Contouring

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}


Dear Chris6799,

There are several different options for contouring the jawline. Fillers and implants may be used to augment the jawline, and liposuction, Botox, and jaw shaving may be used to reduce the jawline. Choosing the best treatment option(s) depends on your specific goals, anatomy, and preferences.

Please see an experienced, Board Certified surgeon for an evaluation.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

San Francisco Plastic Surgeon

Create jaw symmetry with Radiesse

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Your best option to achieve symmetry to the jawline is to use an injectable filler (I like to use Radiesse in this area). The filler will augment the right side to give you a fuller and more balanced appearance. Radiesse will last for approximately nine months to year when injected at this site and there is no downtime. 


Dr. Jamil Asaria

FACE Cosmetic Surgery

Toronto, Canada

Jamil Asaria, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 134 reviews

Asymmetric Jaw

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This concern can be addressed in a few different ways that encompass both surgical and non-surgical options.  Each way has their pros and cons.  Please discuss with a board certified specialist who can best assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 13 reviews

You might also like...

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.