I'm 21 years old. I think I have tuberous breasts. My family have big and firm breasts, I'm the only one left behind.

At 18 I thought they would finally grow more, but they never did. I Saw "tuberous breast" some days ago, Googled pictures and was shocked because I never thought my breasts are deformation, it's really bothering me, I really want to get by breast done but can't afford it. I want to feel feminine and love myself, I know that because of my breasts I lost a lot of oppurtunity in life, To be honest I hope it's tuberous breast, because if it is I know what's going on with my breast.

Tuberous Breasts

Tuberous Breasts may present in a range as minimally involved to very severely affected. You have what I would consider some modest similarities to a tuberous breast but certainly not a severe presentation. An in person exam would help a surgeon to make a better assessment but you would likely benefit from a straightforward breast augmentation rather than the more complex approach of treating a sever case of tuberous breasts. Many surgeons offer complimentary consultations so take advantage of that and get educated about your situation and what would be necessary to improve things.  Best of Luck    Dr Harrell

Do I have tuberous breasts?

I am sorry to hear about the concerns your breast appearance of cause for you. Semantics can sometimes be more confusing than helpful; not be surprised if you receive different opinions here.

I think your breast photos do demonstrate some characteristics seen with tubular (constricted) breasts. For example, the distance from the areola to inframammary folds seems to be tight and relatively short.  Although difficult to tell for sure, the areola do demonstrate some features associated with tuberous breasts such as an increased width (and “puffiness”?).

At some point, you will benefit from an in-person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. This consultation will allow for accurate advice that is best provided after a thorough history, physical examination, and detailed discussion of your goals. There are a lot of factors to consider when making recommendations; for example your life circumstances ( planned pregnancies, psychosocial situation…) and tolerance for scars are factors that should be taken into consideration by you and your plastic surgeon.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to corrective surgery for patients with tuberous/constricted breasts) helps. Best wishes.

Tuberous breasts

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your breasts. It appears that you may have tuberous breast deformity but i would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to have a physical examination of your breasts performed and at that point the surgeon will give you their recommendations. You most likely need some of the tension released in your lower pole which is causing the flatness and tuberous appearance in that area then have an implant placed to increase the size of your breasts. At my practice, I use high profile Sientra implants to create a round full result that looks natural. Additionally, we use Crisalix which is a virtual reality device that will allow you to view different sizes of implants and pick which best suit your desires.  As the only board certified plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh offering this virtual reality imaging system, we have a 100% satisfaction rate.  Crisalix  is truly a unique experience for our patients as they can view themselves using virtual reality goggles and can instantly visualize their own breasts changing in size and shape with all of the various brands, sizes and shapes of breast implants.  Thus, our patients leave the consultation feeling confident with the size of the implant they chose. 
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous Breasts

Thank you very much for your question and photographs. It does appear from your pictures that you may have some mild constriction of the breast tissue. However, without an in-person examination, this determination is difficult. I recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. He/she can perform an examination of your breasts and discuss the best treatment plan for your situation.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Tuberous Breasts

You would need to have a proper assessment of your breast but it does look like a mild case of tuberous breast. From years of experience working with breast, there is nothing wrong with the appearance of your breast. A breast augmentation may help fill out your breast more and make the appearance more appealing to you. Seeing a plastic surgeon will help you achieve your aesthetic goals and help boost you self confidence. Financing options are always available in most clinics as well which can help you afford the procedure. 

Mahmood Kara, MD

Tuberous breasts?

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Tuberous breasts present in different degrees of severity.  Three hallmark features of tuberous breasts include enlarged areolas, herniation of breast tissue through the areola, and a constricted base.  It is not clear to me from your photograph whether or not you do actually have tuberous breasts.  I recommend that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon regarding your particular needs.  Best of luck.