Where Can I Find a Dr That Specializes in Extra Large Breast Implant Revision?

I need my implants fixed I have saline 1700cc and one has capsule contracture and the left is bottomed out due to tissue. I need alloderm, mastoplexy, and areola revision. I am in West Michigan and no doctors here willll touch me. I am scared to death to travel far for surgery. I really wanted Dr in San Francisco but I am petrified to travel that far. Please help I look like a freak.

Doctor Answers 3

Very larger breast implants

In the US you can not find implants that are larger thatn 800 cc's.  A significant down size may require more than one surgery. An exam in person is helpful.

New York Plastic Surgeon
4.1 out of 5 stars 29 reviews

1700 cc Breast Implant Revision

     Breast Implant Revision to go smaller from very large implants usually needs to be done in two or more steps to prevent complications when breast lift and areolar alteration are needed.  The addition of a dermal matrix may be necessary as well.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Kenneth B. Hughes, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 492 reviews

Extras Large Breast Augmentation Revisionary Surgery?

Thank you for the question.

 Although it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination or viewing pictures, just your description of your situation and possible surgical revisionary options sounds complex and potentially complication prone. Therefore, you are wise in that you are doing your due diligence in selection of  plastic surgeon.  I would suggest that you make this selection carefully based on demonstrable experience helping patients in your situation.  As you make decisions, make sure that you emphasize safety first  and avoidance of complications.

You may find the attached link helpful to you as you do your research.

 Best wishes.

Tom J. Pousti, MD, FACS
San Diego Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 1,488 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.