What is this fat pocket and should I remove it? (Photo)

I've seen things about buccal fat removal but the procedure seems to remove fat from the upper cheek as well, and I like my full cheeks. It's just the lower cheek, especially my left cheek that bothers me. There seems to be a pocket of fat that remains right by my mouth and is somehow even more pronounced when I lose weight. I'm 20 and aware that it might diminish as I age but I also don't enjoy having it there. Should I do anything about it? Thanks ahead of time!

I've seen things about buccal fat removal but the procedure seems to remove fat from the upper cheek as well =incorrect!

Buccal fat removal plastic surgery ONLY removes the fullness of the lower anterior cheek ( location where the buccal fat sits). Therefor it doesn't remove the upper cheek cheek fat since 1) the upper cheek is defined by the presence of the cheek bone and 2) there is no buccal fat in the upper cheeks.

Buccal fat pad removal

Dear thella,

• The buccal fat is in the lower cheek and should not affect the upper cheek area
  • The effects after surgery are subtle and significant
  • When you are ready, please see a specialist who can address all of your concerns

Best regards,
Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD