Are Fat Butt Injections Safe?

I wouldn't consider Hydrogel or butt implants. I don't want to get liposuction and transfer it to my butt like the Brazilian Butt Lift. Is there a way I could get fat injected into my butt without getting liposuction? Is it safe? I don't want to have side effects, especially any side effects down the road because of it. I only want to add an inch since my butt is extremely flat(almost non-existant) so I want to keep it natural looking. Thanks

Buttock Injection Safety

I see so many questions online about buttock augmentations through methods that do not involve either fat injections, the traditional Brazilian Butt Lifts, or with buttock implants.  In other words, the questions are often about the use of materials such as hydrogels, free silicone, and also materials that are not specifically made for buttock augmentation.  Oftentimes, the patients asking the questions have already had the buttock injection and now they’re wondering about their options for having said material removed. 

I really cannot stress enough that all forms of buttock enhancement that does not use the patient’s own fat or use of silicone implants specifically designed for buttock enhancement, should really be avoided for safety reasons.  I think injections of materials not specifically made for buttock enhancement may lead to immediate or long-term problems.  These can include things like infections, pain, hard lumps, and even deformities.  Unfortunately, some of these may be impossible to correct.  This is not even to mention the catastrophic results that often make the headline news. 

I really do urge anyone who is considering buttock enhancement by anyone other than an experienced, licensed and board certified plastic surgeon, to rethink what could lead to a lifetime of problems with black market injections.  Buttock enhancement is really a surgical procedure.  It should not be done anywhere other than a surgical facility and that means not having the procedure done in a place like a hotel room or someone’s private home.  Please be smart and cautious.  What may sound like a great deal in the short run, may be a long period of problems that cost you your health or worse. 

If buttock augmentation is what you really desire, seek out a consultation with a board certified and experienced plastic surgeon.  Buttock augmentation is an incredible procedure that can be done very safely and with great results.  The main message here is to be smart about your selection of surgeon by choosing a professional who can answer your questions and give you their best recommendation for treatment. Best of luck with your procedure!

Buttock Augmentation

The only way to augment your buttocks without your own fat (which requires liposuction) or without implants, would be to hire a peronal trainer and have them "build" you a new backside through increasing the muscle size.

Theodore Diktaban, MD, FACS

Brazilian butt lift always involves liposuction.

Unfortunately, there are risks to every surgical procedure.  You are on the right track to deciding against hydrogel injections and unfortunately, the only way to inject fat in to the buttocks is to extract from your own body.  If you go to a board certified plastic surgeon, you will have the best results.

Fat transfer to Buttocks without liposuction

Hi there-

Only your own fat would be safe and effective to use for fat grafting of any kind... Therefore, there is a need to obtain this fat from you--- and liposuction is the only safe way to do it.

You are absolutely correct that injections of anything but your own fat are not safe. 

And please be careful- when people search hard enough for something (like a way to make your butt bigger without surgery), and they wave a bit of money in the air, it usually isn't long before someone promises them it can be done.... With poor outcomes and injury after the fact.

Fat grafting

I don't think you have a complete understanding of what is needed to demonstrate a change,  I perform over a 100 fat grafting procedures a year just for breast reconstruction contour abnormalities.  I have found this to be extremely effective.  I mention this because the average amount trasferred per breast is 200 to 300 hundred cc's which will increase a cup size easily for the breast.

Butt augmentation w/o liposuction?

It is not possible in to get a significant volume of fat for transfer to the buttocks without liposuction. Any procedure that is performed can have side effects/possible complications. The benefit of the outcome of the procedures offered by board certified plastic surgeons usually outweigh the risks in the appropriate patient. The patient must be comfortable of possible complications to gain the benefit of the procedure of their choosing. Nothing in life is without potential consequences.

Dr. ES

What will be the long term of Brazilian butt lifts??

I completely agree with the other doctors here than without major surgery, you have no options for a butt lift.

What amazes me is how much patients have become hooked on Kim Kardashian's butt and Jennifer Lopez's butt that they will have fat injected into their buttocks for enhancement. I will bet that these people will really regret this after 10-15 years of aging. That fat is going to start drooping and there will be a whole new operation invented to fix this problem that wouldn't have existed without the BBL.

Brazilian Butt Lift Limitations

The only fat that successfully be transferred into your buttocks is your fat or the fat of your genetically identical twin sister. Fat from any other person or animal would be rejected by your immune system. If you are not willing to have liposuction or do not have enough fat to transfer to the buttocks a buttock fat transfer is not possible.

Butt enhancement

You  are right hydrogel and silicone are  dangerous.

What is left for buttock enhancement is fat injection or dermis fat graft.

both are major surgeries and if youd do not want risks then do not do any surgery

Fat Transfer to the Buttock

Brazilian butt lift (fat transfer to the buttock) is so popular because it enables your plastic surgeon to transform your entire shape. Liposuction is performed over several areas depending on the individual patient needs, but typically of the flanks, abdomen, back and thighs.

The liposculpting will allow your surgeon to bring in your hips and waist giving you more of an hour glass figure. You already have some shape to your buttock and this will be able to be enhanced to give you a very attractive buttock. From the pictures you look like you have very good skin which will give you a great result from the liposcultping.

The process of the Brazilian Butt lift is not only to add volume to the buttock but to transform the entire shape of the patient from a square appearance to more of an hour glass shape. It is about giving a patient a figure that she will look great in close or a bikini (for the patients here in Miami). The goal is not to just try and make the biggest butt possible. It is giving the patient a shape they will love for years to come!

Fat injections are the only substance that I would currently have injected into your buttock for enhancement. Unfortunately here in Miami I have seen patients who were injected with silicone or other random substance and some of them end up with lifelong problems.

When considering this procedure it is very important that you have your procedure performed by a board certified plastic surgeon.