One vile of kybella fills how many syringes? (photos)

I recently got kybella and they only used one syringe worth and are saying that was a full vile.... Is that possible? Literally did two rows of 4 dots for 600$.. I'm a little pissed

Kybella

Kybella comes in a 2 cc vial.It can be injected with 1 cc syringes and would require two, or it could all be placed into one 3 cc syringe.Syringes come in different sizes. Common sizes in plastic surgery are 1 cc, 3 cc, 5 cc, 10 cc.

Kybella vial size

Kybella comes in a 2cc vial but the syringe used may have been able to hold 3cc so yes, what you are describing is possible. One thing to remember when it comes to cost is that the results are permanent. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Kybella volume

Depends on how large the syringe was and how much it was able to hold. Each vial has 2.2cc of Kybella. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella injections

Thank you for your question stephq333. Kybella is the first and thus far only FDA approved non-surgical injectable treatment for the double chin. Some offices use it in other areas such as bra fat. One vial contains 2 cc of Kybella. Typical injections are 0.2 cc each. So one vial would provide enough material for 10 injections. Kybella injection. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Kybella Syringes

Dear stephq333,Thank you for your question and photo. As as been accurately discussed a Kybella vial contains approximately 2.2 cc's of fluid (deoxycholic acid). When placed in a 1cc syringe two syringes would be needed to place the content of the vial. In your photo I see ten injection sites which if 0.2 cc are placed in each site as recommended then this would be one vial. If however a larger syringe was used then yes the entire vial could be placed according to an "off label" protocol in only one syringe. You seem concerned thus a visit to the site where you had the treatment done will help allay any of your concerns. Best of luck.

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician

Off-label Kybella use

Thank your your question!  I am sorry to hear about your experience with Kybella.  Kybella is FDA approved for use underneath the chin and jawline.  It works by dissolving the fat which lies below the skin, and above the muscles of the neck.  The area you have noted in your picture is not an FDA approved area, and would be considered an 'off-label' use.  Kybella comes in a 2cc vial, and our office will use two vials in one treatment.  If your physician uses 1cc syringes, then you should have 2 syringes from every vial.I hope that this helps!-David Gilpin

David Gilpin, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella results

Sorry to hear about your experience. I think it is always a good idea for physicians to explain to patients exactly what they are doing and how they are doing it and what the patient is paying for. First off, the area you had injected is an "off-label" non-FDA approved indication. That being said, there are still several injectors doing it although I myself tend to limit Kybella to the submental area. 
Kybella is usually drawn up in 1 cc syringes. A vial of Kybella has 2 cc of the product and so 2 syringes (assuming they were each 1 cc) would be required. I believe the best thing to do is followup with your provider and discuss you concerns. Hope this helps. Good luck.

#Kybella for #BraTops

Dear stephq333:It is possible that a full vial was used for 8 injection points, although a more typical treatment is 0.2 per injection points 1 cm apart, i.e. 10 injections per 2 cc vial.You should be aware that bra tops are an off-label area. They can be successfully treated with Kybella, as can the knees or lipomas. I do however make sure the patient has had a recent mammogram since breast tissue can be found in this area which would not respond to Kybella.  In addition, one would want to document any cystic or suspicious findings in this area before treatment.  All the best,  Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

One vile of kybella fills how many syringes?

Thank you for your question.  It is very possible that a 2 cc syringe (or higher) was used for your treatment in which case all of the contents of the 2 cc vile were used.  However, I don't think you will see much of a result with such a small dose and treatment area.  I also agree with the other surgeon in that accessory breast tissue may be present in the area and won't be affected by the treatment.  Give it approximately 3 months before determining the effectiveness of your treatment.  Hope this helps.

Kybella and Cost

It all depends on what size syringe was done.  Kybella in this area needs 3-6 cc at least a time and 3-6 treatments.  It costs more money than liposuction treatments.  Best, Dr. Emer.