Are there skilled en bloc explant surgeons in CA?

Need to ENBLOC explant 32 yr old implants ---no replacement & no lift (I am 64). Uncertain whether saline or saline/silicone. Implanting records no longer available. I sincerely trusted my surgeon who assured me these were safe and were lifetime devices. Broken hearted to learn the hard way. Implanting records not available. Either way I want ENBLOC removal for my own peace of mind. Thank you for any help.
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Generally speaking (in my opinion), unless the breast implant capsules have thickened (and/or are otherwise symptomatic), are associated with the ruptured silicone gel breast implants, or if the patient has concerns about "medical conditions" related to the breast implants, capsulectomy is not universally necessary. For these patients, en block removal of breast implants is a good procedure.

On the contrary, capsulectomy can expose patients to additional risks, such as bleeding, size loss, contour irregularities and other serious complications. In other words, any maneuver performed during surgery exposes patients to additional risk (morbidity). For example, attempting to remove very thin capsule densely adherent to the patient's rib cage may expose the patient to significant bleeding and/or entrance into the thoracic cavity.

You may find the attached link, dedicated to breast implant removal surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  Call and speak to the doctor's patient care coordinator when scheduling you consultation to explain the purpose of your appointment.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

En bloc explant surgeons

Yes there are surgeons who perform this en bloc explant procedure (including myself). Make sure you see a surgeon who also has extensive experience with revision breast surgeries and who is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  If you want more information my website is Newport beach plastic surgery

Best of luck to you

Milind K. Ambe, MD

Breast implant removal/ Explantation

Thank you for your question, and I am sorry you are feeling the way you feel. Removing implants are safe without medical records in the hands of a skillful board certified plastic surgeon. The surgery takes about an hour and there is minimal to no-down time. Also if there is any encapsulation of the implant with pain, most insurance companies including medicare and medical will cover the procedure. It is important that you find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to guide you through this procedure. Good luck and have a lovely day. 

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS

En bloc removal of implants

There are many skilled plastic surgeons in California... most of all make sure your plastic surgeon is board certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery. This certification is important and verifies a surgeon's training and education. Any surgeon certified by this board is very capable of helping you.