Eyebrow transplant done three days ago. How long before the scabs come off? Can I start washing the brows?

I'm very concerned. First I was not given any post-op instructions of how to care for the brows. It's the third night and most of the swelling has gone down. The pic I have of what was drawn in looks nothing like what I have.  I wasn't told any of this.

Scabbing and Concerns After an Eyebrow Hair Transplant

After an eyebrow transplant procedure, it is quite normal to have crusting or scabbing form around each hair for about two to four days.

And in three to five days, the skin will continue to heal to the point where the signs of surgery are barely noticeable, if at all. Cleaning the area is best done in the shower, where water can gently run over the treated area. This should be done two times a day for a week after your procedure. After your showers, apply an antibiotic ointment which can help soften the scabs and facilitate their removal.

Speak to your doctor about the concerns you have over the shape of your eyebrows. It may (or may not) be necessary to revise your outcome through a repair surgery. 

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Follow up with your doctor if there is increased scabbing and it is the wrong shape. The Internet is not a source of post operat

Follow up with your doctor if there is increased scabbing and it is the wrong shape.  It is important to see your doctor about these serious concerns.  The Internet is not a source of post operative care.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon