What to Expect After Capsulorraphy

I am 3 weeks post op, revision. My doctor did a beautiful job of correcting my previous augmentation and tubular breast deformity by performing a capsulorraphy, areola reduction, and replacement of implants. Implants are silicone, 550 cc behind the muscle, with permanent internal suturing and folding of tissue.

I have been extra careful so I do not displace anything. 4 days ago, I started to feel tightness and pulling under implant, near sternum, after friend hugged and lifted me. Is it sutures?

Capsulorraphy problems

It sounds as if your surgeon did a great job correcting your breast problems.Much of the work was with sutures and it takes 6-8 weeks for the healing to occur. You are likely fine, but over aggressive hugging could cause some problems and the safe thing is to go back for an examination.

About a Capsulorraphy

"Bottoming Out" is the term given to implant #displacement, where the implant drops down below the existing inframammary fold; the natural crease beneath your breast. This may occur when the fold has been released excessively during surgery or may be due to factors of the patient’s collagen and tissue integrity. The implants then sit very low on the chest with a lack of internal support for the implant itself.

Correction usually involves #restoring the crease beneath your breast to it's normal position with internal reconstruction of the capsule around the implant (#capsulorrhaphy). Sometimes a biologic fabric (Acellular Dermal Matrix or #ADM) can be used to attach to the breast tissue internally while supporting the implant.
This corrects the placement of the implant, redefines the breast shape, and also refines the internal fold.

To manage scars following the procedure, I suggest #scar maturation products to my clients. Such as BioCorneum or Embrace, to name a few, are recommended. But, it's best you wait a few weeks following your surgery, to begin using them and speak to your surgeon about healing concerns.

Recovery concerns after breast implant revision

Following a breast implant revision procedure with a capsulorrhaphy, it takes about 6 weeks or so for enough healing to be stable. However, if there is no change in the appearance of the breast then it is unlikely anything happened that would affect the result. It is always a good idea to have your surgeon take a look.

Richard Baxter, MD

Recovery after Capsulorrhaphy

Revisionary surgery is complicated but I don't think a hug would damage anything.  See your surgeon so that they can examine you to determine if something is happening.  With the internal sutures, it is VERY IMPORTANT to limit activity to allow for complete healing so I am happy to hear that you have been extra careful.  To put your mind at rest, go see your doctor.