Can my baby sleep on my chest after breast augmentation.

My daughter loves to cuddle and has a hard time falling asleep on her own. She is used to falling asleep, straddled position with her head on my chest. Is this okay? Is there any damage by the weight of her head? I had a breast augmentation 2 weeks ago, under the muscle. I feel great, limited in my reach, but great nonetheless. Some swelling in one of my breast.

Ask your surgeon

You should check with your surgeon as only your surgeon would know the exact procedure performed and your medical history.

Baby can sleep on your chest after breast augmentation

It's always best to check with your surgeon's protocol. I tell my patients that it is okay to transfer their children,  beginning the third day after surgery, to high chairs, car seats, and cribs. By the end of the second week, they usually should be comfortable enough to carry their children all day if desired. I would say no problem cuddling at this time. Snuggle away. For more information on this and similar topics I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. It is likely, that you can have your child rest her head on your chest at this point. This is assuming, of course, that she is not a "head bonker";  I have had patients have their children "bonk" there heads against their mother's breasts (on other words, proceed with caution). Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Post Op Activity Restrictions

Thank you for your question. The small amount of pressure from your daughter's head is probably not a problem for your breasts, however the one-sided swelling that you mention should be evaluated by your Plastic Surgeon. I recommend that you share your concerns with them. All the best