Is it safe to get subscision after I get botox injections?

I am going to have subscision to correct my acne scars. I was thinking about getting botox before due to the fact that I am looking for a new job and I want to look my best. Is it safe to do the two so close together?

Subcision Treatments Performed At Or Around The Time Of Botox Injections Should Be No Problem

Botox is not uncommonly injected in tiny amounts around fresh surgical wounds as a means of decreasing the amount of muscular movement in the surrounding region in order to reduce the chance of the development of a a stretch scar. So, certainly, if it is injected even during the same treatment session as a subcision, it should not present any problem at all. Personally, I have in fact performed subcision for acne scars in the temple and upper cheek regions during the same session as the injection of crow's feet and forehead wrinkles with Botox. 

Botox with subcision

Thank you for your question AnotherEarthling. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. Subcision is a treatment to address acne scars. For my patients I would recommend doing a Botox treatment first and a subcision treatment one week or more after. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Subcision and Botox Not Likely to Overlap

Botox is generally for the frown, crows feet, or forehead.  Subcision for acne scars is frequently for the cheeks.  They are in different areas and treating them at the same time should be fine.

Botox and subcision

As long as subcision is done a week after or before getting Botox it should be fine. 
Regards
Dr.J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Acne scar subcision and Botox timing

Hi AnotherEarthling:

Botox is performed on the muscles creating expression lines and creases or to rebalance facial expression primarily of the forehead, brows, crows feet and less often around the lips and DAO muscle of the jawline.

Acne scars are primarily over the cheeks and uncommonly overlap in areas where Botox is injected. 

If there are no other issues, you can have both done at the same time or wait 24 hours after Botox for it to fully absorb into the muscle and then return for the subcision. 

Good luck with this and finding a job. Happy New Year!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Botox an subscision

Subscision can be done in sites away from the botox injection if done at the same time. If you wait a few days to a week, you can probably do it in the same area.