Pink skin after a tca 25% peel. (photo)

I've had a tca peel 25% under my eye area and it's been a week since, now all the dead skin has peeled off but the skin is now really pink, how long does it take to go back to normal and is there anything to speed it up, because I have an important meeting in two days, want to make a good impression. Thanks

Keep it out of the sun 100% and check back with your doctor.

You are at high risk of PIH with your dark skin being pink.  Keep it out of the sun 100% and check back with your doctor for recommendations. 

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Pink after Peel

All my patients with deep peels get a silicone based scar gel with growth factors and b5 hyaluronic acid.  You should also use a petrolatum based ointment to the pink areas.  Please see your cosmetic dermatologist for appropriate follow up to ensure no scarring or hyperpigmentation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Healing after TCA peel

The pink skin is brand new, delicate, and still healing.  It usually takes a few weeks for the majority of the remaining red/ pink color to fade; in the meantime, one may usually cover the remaining redness with camouflaging make-up--as long as the pink skin is intact and no longer moist/ weeping.  One must also be absolutely religious about protecting the healing skin from the sun with regular use of sunblock, hats, etc.  Get in touch with your treating physician for a clarification of your post-peel instruction.  Good luck!

Inessa Fishman, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon