23 days post op Tummy tuck and I look 5 months pregnant!! Hard swelling around incision down to pubic mound. (photo)

Hi, i am 23 days post op full tummy tuck with muscle repair. I am 56 kg before and after surgery and 5'8" tall. I am and was very slim before surgery with just loose skin being reason for surgery. I have hard swelling with some softer areas from my belly button down to my pucib bone. Is all this swelling really normal?

Concerns Following Tummy Tuck

Swelling is normal following a tummy tuck and can persist for some time.  Your surgeon should be able to tell you if this is normal swelling or if there is some other reason for what you are experiencing.  As always, you should consult with your surgeon and discuss your concerns.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (3 weeks post-po) the swelling have to be minimal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

You should follow up with your surgeon

It is not possible to make a diagnosis on photographs.  See your surgeon and get checked to rule out any fluid buildups in your abdomen.

Vasdev Rai, MD

23 days post op Tummy tuck and I look 5 months pregnant!! Hard swelling around incision down to pubic mound.

You may have a fluid collection under the skin. Notify your plastic surgeon for an evaluation in person. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Swelling

It is normal to have swelling in the lower part of your abdomen near the incision. Sometimes patients can have fluid it old blood underneath which contributes as well. This can be drained in the office if your surgeon feels there is enough to remove

David R. Alfonso, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon