Why does my upper lip stick our further than my bottom lip does and is it a reason for other issues? (photos)

I know that it is not a problem with my bottom jaw. However, from a front view my top lip is larger than my bottom lip. From a profile view, my top lip sticks out noticeably further than my bottom lip does. Is this an issue due to my teeth? And can this be corrected? (Is this also why I have speech problems pronouncing my R's?)

Upper lip sticks out

The teeth support your lips and play a big role in your profile. If you feel your upper lip sticks out, it may be your lower jaw and lip on the lower making it look this way. 

I would see see an orthodontist to discuss your concerns.