Can facial exercises flatten the fat pockets around my mouth?

Hello, so i noticed i have two fat pockets around my mouth. One is above my upper lip right at my left corner, the other one is below my bottom lip but a bit further away from my mouth. Both of these fat pockets are on my left side. Today as i was talking i noticed my mouth tapers to the right when I talk. So i was wondering since i dont use the muscles on my left side as much as the right can this be the cause of the fat pockets? And can facial exercises lessen the fat pockets. Thank you.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Fat Pockets Around Mouth

Exercises will not make facial fat pockets go away. Whether they are amenable to small cannula liposuction removal depends on assessing pictures of the problem.

Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

Please post photos for further evaluation. Fillers, implants and fat can all be used to sculpt and contour the face, but facial exercises will not rid the fat pockets. I suggest consulting with a facial sculpting expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Facial exercises to flatten fat pockets

Thank you for asking about your facial fat pockets.
  • I really admire your excellent effort at describing the issue -
  • It isn't possible though without a photos or (often) a face to face exam to determine the problem.
  • But facial exercises will not change this.
  • It may be anything from a natural difference in the muscle motion of the mouth -
  • This is common, we are not symmetric,
  • To something that can be surgically corrected.
  • I suggest you either have a consultation or, if it shows clearly in photos, post them on this site.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS