Deep tissue massage after bbl.

I am currently 6 1/2 mos post off bbl, is a deep tissue massage to the whole body including buttocks and hips ok at this point?

#BBL #Brazilianbuttlift #plasticsurgery

Hello Benak,  Congratulations on your recent surgery and thank you for sharing your question about your post operative recovery and results after your surgery.  Final results can take up to 12 months for all the swelling to subside.  At our office here at CARE we actually see all of our surgery patients the very next day after surgery and then again at two weeks and beyond. We enjoy staying closely connected to our patients and enjoy giving the extra attention and service.  Your concerns are important to discuss directly with your board certified plastic surgeon.  He or she will appreciate the open communication and will want to help you. I hope this is helpful and wish you all the very best.  Sincerely, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS
CARE Plastic Surgery

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Deep tissue massage after bbl.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.... I recommend you that after a plastic surgery the better is to have drainage lymphatic massages, because all that you need is the liquid to go out and the swollen to goes down too, do not over exagerate with massages they can be harmful for our skin and body after liposuction, and DO NOT massage the buttocks, they can lose it's shape.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Massage 6 months after BBL

In general, we allow our patient's to resume all activity this far out from BBL however if you have specific concerns, I recommend that you discuss this with your surgeon. 

#BBL #ShapedExtraJuicy #liposuction #fattransfer #BrazilianButtLift #DrSej #fatgrafting #fatsurvival #BBLrecovery #beverlyhills #curves #weightloss #bodysculpting 

Sejal M. Patel, MD

Deep tissue massage

I do not believe that deep tissue massage 6 1/2 months after your BBL would cause any harm.  I'm not convinced in will provide nay significant benefit, but I certainly don't think it will damage any of the transferred cells that far out from surgery

Samir S. Rao, MD
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

BBL and massage

At six months our from surgery, provided that everything has healed adequately, deep massage should be fine.  Always best to ask your surgeon.

BBL

I would recommend discussing this with your plastic surgeon because they know your medical history, anatomy and post operative progress best. Within the first 6 months, about 30% of the fat cells will not survive and will be reabsorbed and passed through your body. Whatever fat is remaining after 6 months is what will remain as long as your weight remains stable so I believe you would be fine to proceed with the deep tissue massage but best to get the clearance from your personal plastic surgeon. Best of luck.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon