Day 6 of my VI peel , I peeled nicely and now I have cracked dry skin on my chin, will this get better? (photo)

I am worried , 6 days after my VI peel,used the kit accordingly, the skin on my chin, became dry cracked, draker and scaly. I have been moisturizing and putting sunblock, will this get better?

Cracks and dry patches after Vi-peel

You are still peeling and it may take up to two weeks until your peeling process is complete. Dead skin appears darker, and after it is peeled, it should look better. It is important to follow the instructions given by your provider and have a check-up appointment. Best of luck!

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Peeling process

You are still in the peeling process. Keep the skin hydrated and the flaky dry skin should improve within a couple days. What you are experiencing is common. Best, Dr Faraz

Vi Peel question

You are still in the peeling process. You should moisturize the area liberally and it should not look as dry as it is in the picture. Though most people are done by day 6, some people might take a few more days and sometimes another week, to complete the peeling process. 

Ram Chandra, MD
Edison Physician

Skin cracking

The area in the photo still looks like it is going through the process of the peel. In my experience that area around the mouth does have a more intense reaction with the peel. Patients do look very dry, cracked and may even peel the skin off in sheets. So, its important to keep moisturizing throughout the day. It is common that the skin that is actively shedding looks dark. I think you are still in the window of time for "peel process" to be in the healing stages or recovery time. So, I predict all of what you are seeing now will improve and get dramatically better over the next 1-3 days. If you continue to have concerns, please go see your provider so they can examine the area closely beyond what we can see from a photo. Best!

Miguel A. Gutierrez, MD
Torrance Dermatologist