Mommy makeover at 34 years old, 240 pounds, 5'8" (Photo)

I love being a plus size lady. I just need to get my sexy back. I am 34 years old 240 pounds and 5'8. I read a lot of doctors want you to lose weight but I don't wanna leave 200 pounds. I just wanna shape up. I don't know if I need a tummy tuck or Lipo n the belly area but I want it gone. I want my butt lift I don't know if I need fat in the butt or just the lift. Ooo and the back fat gotta go to. I know I can't get the tits done at the same time so I'll work on that n legs when I'm healed.

Who is a Mommy Makeover Candidate

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  #Combined operations are often performed with our #Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with a #MommyMakeover. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your physician and board-certified plastic surgeon. Also, combining these #procedures may decrease anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Mommy Makover Specialists

At our practice, we perform more combined procedures, including mommy makeovers because we are 2 board certified plastic surgeons that work simultaneously together to achieve your desired look. My recommendations for you are as follows: If you can lose as much weight as possible prior to the procedure it would be very beneficial. Tummy tuck with aggressive liposuction of the back and flanks. Breast reduction/lift with some fat placed in the upper pole to give upper pole fullness and cleavage. This will give you a very perky appearance in the upper body and a very tight and flat midsection with an hourglass figure.

Mommy Make-Over Results

Your first step is to find a reputable board certified plastic surgeon in your geographical area. Ask your OBGYN or PCP for a list of surgeons. Next you will scheudle a consultaiotn appointment wiht the surgeon. Upon evaluation, the surgeon will be able to recommend the treatment plan which will best address your concerns. Best of luck! 

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

It´s my pleasure to answer your question.

You are a candidate for the mommy makeover. Liposuction, BBL, tummy tuck and breast lift. Need two surgeries. In the first surgery you can have lipo, bbl and tummy tuck and in a second procedure the breast lift.

Dr. Aramis Vega

Aramis Vega, MD

Mommy makeover candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for this interesting and important question.

Trying to lose weight before a surgical procedure its a very delicate matter, since in many cases a restrictive diet can cause problems, such as anemia, electrolyte disturbances, decreased protein, etc ... retarding the healing process and damaging the surgery.
For these reasons, if your purpose is to lose weight, i recommend you have a BMI less or equal to 30. 
Also, with the Tummy Tuck, I would like to perform weist and lateral liposuction to give you a better body contour.

In this regard, for safety reasons, to be a good candidate for TT+ waist/lateral Lipo + BBL your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation should be in optimal ranges, that allows us to make a safe procedure.

Kind Regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Planning a mommy make-over

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• Your photo shows stretch marks, excess skin and probably stretched muscle.
  • This makes a tummy tuck a better choice.
  • You are, unfortunately, too heavy for surgery to give you a flat stomach but it can definitely improve it.
  • You can have liposuction of the upper back - but unless you lose weight, fat returns to different areas.
  • As for your buttocks - they are extremely heavy - liposuction will leave them saggy, fat transfers will make them bigger, a combination of liposuction and fat transfers may give you the shape you want.
  • As for your weight - I know it is fashionable to be 'plus size' but it is not healthy. Your BMI puts you above 35 - you can have surgery but you are at higher risk of complications.
  • If you can get down to a normal weight for your height, and then have surgery you will have a better result and will live a LOT longer. If you have children, this is very important to consider - children need healthy Moms.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes

A stable and happy weight

It is possible to remove excess fat and skin in your midsection with a tummy tuck, remove fat in your back with liposuction to give you more of a waist line and reshape your buttocks with fat transfer.
I understand that you don't want to go under 200lbs which is fine. You are a great candidate for surgery as long as you are at a stable weight that you're happy with, and that your body is happy with.. 

Weight and makeover

No good plastic surgeon wants to shoehorn patients into a specific size and shape but major surgery in people with a high BMI has a much higher risk of all sorts of complications.So the advice to lose weight before surgery is all about increasing safety.

Robert Savage, MD (retired)
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover at 34 years old, 240 pounds, 5'8"

Thank you for the question and pictures. Generally speaking, it is always best to achieve long-term stable weight prior to proceeding with body contouring surgery. Doing so, will increase the safety of the operation, will likely improve the outcome of the operation, and will decrease chances that additional surgery will become necessary subsequently.

In my practice, I do not ask specific patients to achieve a specific weight prior to proceeding with tummy tuck surgery. I simply ask patients to achieve a long-term stable weight where he/she feels comfortable and does not expect significant fluctuation postoperatively.

As you know, recruiting other professionals such as personal trainers, nutritionists, physicians who specialize in weight loss concerns etc. may be helpful to you.

When the time is right, seeking consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be your next/best step. Best wishes as you work toward your goals.

Mommy makeover

Thank you for your question and photos.  Mostly all surgeons have a "goal" weight or BMI that they would like their patients to be prior to undergoing surgery for safety reasons.  You need to be seen in person by a board certified plastic surgeon to determine what your goal weight should be.  Once you reach that point, you can discuss the possibility of having the surgeries that want done.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL