When am I supposed to use the lipo foam boards?

Liposuction and Garments -- Foam Pads

We use foam immediately after liposuction and continue this for 3 weeks. I suggest you see an expert to determine what is best.  Dr. Emer.

Foam boards after liposuction

Hello,  thank you for your question.   The use of foam made out of silicone after lipo is a useful device these days.  It helps to reduce the incidence of seromas,  protects your skin from getting damaged because of the compressive garment pressure and helps to give a more uniform pressure to the site of surgery.   You should start using it the next day after surgery day.  Have a great day. 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Liposuction - when to use the foam boards?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.You should ask your surgeon when to use foam boards. I myself do not recommend or require them for my patients. Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Thank you for your excellent question.  The use of foam boards is surgeon specific and there is no conclusive evidence of their benefit. I do think they help when a portion of your compression garment may not be as tight as others when multiple parts of the body are addressed.  Talk to your surgeon and voice your concerns, they are in the best position to advise you.

lipo foam boards?

Hello, Lipo Foams should be use as soon as you feel comfortable enough to wear. Lipo foams will prevent burns and markings to skin from Garment the board will keep your abdomen firm at all times allowing your skin to retract and increasing chances for an excellent final result best of luck and thank you for your question.

Best to ask your chosen operative clinic surgeon if you can get a hold of them... In my "private practice" I use these pads immediately. BUT you are NOT my patient so I can not advise....Guess you know the saying about 'what you pay for...'.