Doesn't change at all. 4time treatment (photos)

I still Have 2more session tho so far, my tattoo doesn't change at all. I assume 1st and 4th session laser was light, cuz I asked its way too hurt after 3rd session. Should I ask to go back as same level of laser as 2nd and 3rd time? It doesn't necessary to be all gone but if it doesn't change even after 6times session, I just want them to pay me back my pain and money...

PicoSure & Sessions

Thank you for your question. PicoSure is a great laser for tattoo removal. There are many factors that determine how many sessions of the PicoSure will be effective for your tattoo removal. Although black is an easy ink color to remove, it can take longer deepening on how densely the tattoo was placed. Typically it takes 3-6 treatments of the PicoSure laser to fully remove a tattoo and some patients have required up to 12. Just give it more time and speak to your doctor about your concerns.

Tattoo Removal

Thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear about your concern. My preference for tattoo removal is the PiQo4 laser which is a 4 wavelength Pico laser. We have been seeing tattoos come off faster and safer then with older laser systems.

Dr. Daniel Ritacca

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Tattoo Removal Concerns

Hi CA, it's understandable that you are frustrated with your progress.  As a practitioner, we try to give you the best estimate possible for the number of treatments required, but with your dark ink, we would have suggested it would be 6-12 treatments.  

The type of laser used and the way in which the treatments are performed also make a difference, so perhaps the office doing the treatment is not that experienced.

To see examples of tattoo before and after photos in Irvine, CA (treated at our Orange, CA office), please click on the link below.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD