Epicanthoplasty options for wide-set eyes? (asian female). (photos)

Hi, I was wondering what epicanthoplasty options there were for Asian eyes. I had a upper blepharoplasty around 6 months ago and my surgeon did not perform an epicanthoplasty like I had wanted. I like my eyes, but they are still too far apart for my liking. Thank you for your insight!

Extend the medial aspect of the incision

You may be able to extend the incision medially to open the inner corner.  I'm usually not a fan of the medial epicanthoplasty since I am able to open the corner without creating the very visible scar associated with the medial epicanthoplasty.

I'll attach an example.  

Chase Lay MD

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Medial epicanthoplasty

Hello jinghua, thank you for your question.  There are many different techniques that surgeons can use to perform medial epicanthoplasty.  Can't tell exactly from the photos what has been done but whatever has been done seemed pretty conservative.  I prefer a variation of the skin redraping method when performing medial epicanthoplasty because it can extend the medial corners nicely without leaving conspicuous scars.  You should consult with board-certified plastic surgeons who specialize in Asian blepharoplasty to discuss a possible revision.  Good luck!

Goretti H. Taghva MD

Goretti Ho Taghva, MD
Mission Viejo Plastic Surgeon