Vaser Lipo for Chin/Jawline in Dublin, Ireland

I have been looking at having this treatment done for quite sometime. I am not overweight but I feel my double chin makes me look worse. I am looking for some suggestions whether Vaser Lipo would improve chin and jawline and if so any recommendations for Doctors in Dublin, Ireland as there is little online.

Vaser + ThermiTight = no more double chin

Of all gadgets at my office, Vaser coupled with ThermiTight will give you the best options for reducing or removing the "double-chin."  Vaser alone is my second choice, as you will get good skin tightening with that, but if you are like most people, the loose skin is the bigger problem than too much fat.

Double Chin Treatment / Laxity-- SmartLipo/VASER/ThermiRF, Botox, Venus Legacy, Kybella, CoolMini

The number one treatment for immediate results is VASER combined with ThermiRF in my practice. I suggest you see an expert in facial and body scultping. Best, Dr. Emer

VASER treatments

Most young people who are not overweight who have a double chin or ill-defined Jaw line have a lack of chin projection. This is generally an imbalance of the mandible to the maxilla. Often people with this condition will have an overbite or the chin simply does not project enough. In my opinion a liposuction remains the gold standard in removal of subcutaneous fat weather done by VASER or other technique. It's generally a single treatment very safe fast recovery and can be done in an office setting without the use of General Anastasia. My practice is almost exclusively devoted to body contouring using liposuction and fat transfer. Most of my chin liposuction patients don't even need any form of sedation. It's generally better tolerated than a simple dental procedure.  The placement of a chin implant does require some for of sedation and is often done using general anesthesia. Chin augmentation can also be achieved using long lasting fillers such as Radiesse. While only a temporary treatment it can serve as a test run of what the benefit of a chin implant could be.  The two are not the same so while a similar outcome is possible using fillets will not look exactly like an implant would.
I suggest consulting with several board-certified plastic surgeon's in your area to get a more accurate assessment. Best, Mats Hagstrom,MD 

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Hello Dj90,Thanks for your question.  VASER is fantastic for neck liposuction.  It can powerfully disrupt excess fat external to the platysma muscle prior to liposuction.  It generates excess heat that is said to help tighten skin after fat removal.  While it is a common modality for liposuction in the US (it was developed here in Colorado by Sound Surgical Technologies), it is less common elsewhere.  If you can't find a VASER specialist in Ireland, then another great option is laser liposuction (eg. Smartlipo) which is also a great technology for fat disruption prior to liposuction.  Have you researched Venus Medical and Dr. Prendergast?  He seems to have a good amount of VASER experience.I hope this helps.Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon