Is it possible to perform Vaser Lipo in the same area twice?

In the event of weight gain can I have my abdomen treated with Vaser again if I have used the same treatment in the same area before?

Second Vaser Liposuction

A vaser liposuction can be done a second time.

You did not mention when you did it but you should wait one year before you are doing a second

liposuction.

Pls consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Repeat VASER

Possible, yes. Advisable, no. In the event of weight gain, you should look into diet and exercise to enable weight loss. Liposuction is not appropriate for weight loss.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

OK to repeat

Vaser liposuction can be repeated.
Hopefully this is due to a need for a touchup and not a full retreatment.

Vaser In Same Area Twice

It is possible to have Vaser liposuction in the same area twice. It is better to not get into that pattern, however. Liposuction is not a weight loss procedure. Regular exercise is good for your heart health, looking toned, and avoiding that "skinny fat" or skinny but flabby look. Improved nutrition helps with your external appearance and improves you longevity. Furthermore, after having liposuction the first time, scar tissue builds up in the area. Liposuction a second time will be more difficult for your surgeon as it will be more difficult to extract fat (think of him or her trying to break up concrete scar tissue with the Vaser before even starting to get to your fat with liposuction). It is also more difficult on you as the breaking up with scar tissue will result in more inflammation and therefore more swelling which means more pain and thus a longer recovery. Think of your liposuction as an investment. Even if you could do it over again and money was never an issue, do you really want to go through the recovery again? 

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Vaser liposuction

Hello, and thank you for your questions. Yes it is possible to retreat an area using this type of liposuction. I would recommend and in person consultation and evaluation with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. Best of luck.

John J. O'Brien, Jr., MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon