Duetto MT laser or what type of laser is most effective for my hair and skin type?

Polycystic ovarian syndrome and hypothyroidism. A mix of very coarse and fine dark brown hair. III/IV skin type with lots of PIH and darkness in inner thighs elbows underarms knees and bikini area. What's the most suitable laser hair removal machine for me to get rid of the hair as fast and as safe from burns a possible? Duetto MT or gentle laser pro? Or something else? Also 6 sessions every 6 weeks are enough to get rid of most of the hair?

Thanks for your question and we always recommend that you have a consultation with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to learn the most up-to-date treatment options for unwanted hair. There are many new systems out there for laser hair removal and one needs to determine which one will be best for you.  The laser you are describing is a combination of Alexandrite and Nd: YAG which is a good combination for most.  Your skin type will determine what is best for you – Nd: YAG being the safest for darker skin and Alex for somewhat lighter skin.  Other combination devices and single wavelength devices also exist – we are fans of the 810 nm lasers – specifically the Lumenis Duet and the Alma Soprano ICE but this one you mention will also work.  Remember that laser hair removal requires multiple treatments – 4-6 on average but everyone is different, some need more and some need less, and maintenance will be needed.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon