I got burned from laser hair removal and now my scars have turned white. Will they heal or will they be permanent? (Photo)

Hello - a month ago I got burned across my entire right leg from laser hair removal. I had numerous red burns across my leg. A month later - they have turned white but I worry this will be permanent. I am currently applying Celacyn three times a day, Vitamin E oil and Bio Oil 1-2 times a day. I know it has only been a month but am hoping that this will not be permanent :( First picture is the day after the burns. Other pictures are current (a month later)

Hypopigmentation from laser treatments.

Pigment changes can occur after laser hair removal treatments and they can be hyperpigmentation, which is darkening of the skin, or hypopigmentation, which is lightening of the skin.  Most cases will resolve but it can take months to up to a year before the skin appears normal.  You can take care of the area by using sunscreen and avoiding the sun as it can make the normal areas appear darker than the lighter areas.  Based on the pictures, these should heal but it will take time and patience

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Hypopigmentation after LHR

These will remain light for a long time, maybe forever. They will gradually darken with normal sun exposure. Don't try to tan or use tanning beds. There is nothing much else to do.

Steven F. Weiner, MD