Can I do cryotherapy 48 hours after lipo to expedite the healing process?

I have done liposuction 24 hours ago. I have done it around the abs and hips and my body is bruised and swollen from the procedure obviously. The doctor stated the recovery time would be around a month but I was thinking of going through cryotherapy to expedite the healing. Is this fine?

Cryotherapy to help liposuction healing

Thank you for asking about your liposuction and cryotherapy

You should not have any cryotherapy without the knowledge and approval of your surgeon who is responsible for your healing. Early cryotherapy can create problems in healing.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Cryotherapy

It is not a good idea to do any therapy except lymphatic drainage in the early post op period, you can do more damage than good.

Barry M. Schwartz, MD
Weston Plastic Surgeon

Cryotherapy after liposuction

Cryotherapy after liposuction is okay as long as the wounds are healed. Recommend waiting at least 3 weeks prior to treatment. 

Best, Dr. Yegiyants 

Sara Yegiyants, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon