Can I stop after 2 to 3 weeks?

Hi I was using rogaine 5% for 2 to 3 weeks because of some shedding of hair bUT now I decided to stop it because in the past I already used minoxidil 2% and grew some baby hairs by it and now I don't want more baby hairs to further grow because I already have lots of hair coming out. So I wanted to know that can I stop using it after 2 to 3 weeks and will I lose more hair after stopping it.thanks

Stopping minoxidil

It is fine to stop minoxidil, but do know that any gains you made from using the product will be lost. After use of 2-3 weeks, it is unlikely you have had any growth or changes to your hair so it should not be a detriment to discontinue use.

Hot Springs National Park Dermatologic Surgeon

Rogaine Use

It sounds like you have been using minoxidil and then increased to 5% and had some improvement.  Assuming you have been using it for sometime to maintain your hair, stopping it all together might cause you to lose hair again.  You can go off of it for 4-6 weeks and monitor and then start again if you need to. 

Ryan Welter, MD
Boston Hair Restoration Surgeon