21 y/o male diagnosed with chronic telogen effluvium. Should I start rogaine (2-5%) until I can resolve the trigger? (photos)

2 years ago I had a handful of emotionally traumatic events that all happened at once. 4 months later I noticed a large amount of shedding in the shower and on my bed sheets. One of the events (the main stressor) is still a constant part of my daily life today. Ive experienced heart problems due to the stress. Now the shedding still persists in waves mostly after stressful events, especially when about the stressor. Should I begin rogaine? What regiment should i use (2% or 5%, foam or liquid)?

If you have hair loss and would like a treatment options, see a doctor for a proper examination. Your doctor can give you

If you have hair loss and would like a treatment options, see a doctor for a proper examination.  Your doctor can give you a better assessment and a treatment plan.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

chronic telogen effluvium

%5 minox may help you but more important please stay away from your accused stress. After you get ride off any kind of stress that causes hair loss and posibility of AGA  you may start to appropriate treatment.

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

CTE?

You must be sure that you are having CTE and not male pattern balding which is far more common in young men. Treatment with minoxidil is not very effective

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon