- There isn't a maximum weight because it depends on your health, your height and your goal, as well as your weight.
- If liposuction is done for cosmetic re-shaping of your body, then a BMI of 30 or less is needed.
- You can calculate this by going on-line and searching BMI. All you need is your height & weight.
- if you are over-weight, debulking liposuction can be done but you must lose weight afterwards to maintain your result.
- Risks of surgery rise as your BMI rises - at a BMI above 40, liposuction is rarely done except to enhance the result of other surgery, such as a breast reduction.
What is the maximum weight to have liposuction?
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 3
Liposuction - what is the maximum weight
Is there any ideal weight ?
Hello, you just asked and interesting point, in plastic surgery exist a lot of factors that involves you proccedures, one of than is the weight, there's no an ideal weight for plastic surgery becasue is a combination of you height, weight and % of fat on your body. The BMI for us is an important tool to make a decision if the patient are qualified to make a plastic surgery procedure.
Weight and Lipo
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.