- There isn't a maximum weight because it depends on your health, your height and your goal, as well as your weight.
- If liposuction is done for cosmetic re-shaping of your body, then a BMI of 30 or less is needed.
- You can calculate this by going on-line and searching BMI. All you need is your height & weight.
- if you are over-weight, debulking liposuction can be done but you must lose weight afterwards to maintain your result.
- Risks of surgery rise as your BMI rises - at a BMI above 40, liposuction is rarely done except to enhance the result of other surgery, such as a breast reduction.
What is the maximum weight to have liposuction?
Doctor Answers 3
Liposuction - what is the maximum weight
Is there any ideal weight ?
Hello, you just asked and interesting point, in plastic surgery exist a lot of factors that involves you proccedures, one of than is the weight, there's no an ideal weight for plastic surgery becasue is a combination of you height, weight and % of fat on your body. The BMI for us is an important tool to make a decision if the patient are qualified to make a plastic surgery procedure.
Weight and Lipo
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.