Does liposuction make other parts of your body bigger?
Doctor Answers 5
Fat gain after lipo
liposuction should be thought of as a lifestyle change rather than a weight loss procedure. Most women I have treated become motivated and continue to lose weight, exercise and watch their calories. Don't let those stories dissuade you and seek out a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Fat Distribution after Liposuction
You might also like...
Liposyuction - will other areas get bigger?
- The flank liposuction done with a tummy tuck is usually a small amount and does not cause a problem.
- But - if you have liposuction, some of the fat cells in that area are removed.
- If you continue to eat the same amount after liposuction the excess fat will be stored in other areas.
- If you eat less, there is no excess fat to store.
- If you eat more, fat will appear in all areas including the area of liposuction.
- Usually the fat moves upward - so flank fat, if removed and fat returns, is likely to show up spread across the lower back, not in the hips or thighs.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Fat distribution after Liposuction
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.