What is the Difference in Effectiveness of TCA Peel (30-35%) to a Vi Peel?

Is one more effective than the other? I was told the Vi peel was medium depth but I am hesitant to believe that. I had it done about 10 days ago and the process was not too far off from other superficial peels I have had in the past like vitilize peel, PCA peel, etc. I wanted to rid myself of small lentigos and remove damage below the surface before it manifested itself to kind of give myself a fresh start, so to speak.

TCA or Vi Peel?

By Vi peel I assume you mean a Vitalize peel which is a superficial peel of the retinoic acid variety. A TCA peel will be deeper, and you will receive more benefit from it. However, recovery can be longer, whereas there is little to no recovery with a superficial peel.

Schererville Plastic Surgeon

The Vi Peel is not a Vitalize Peel

The Vi peel (Vitality Insitute) is a light to medium, phenol-based, chemical peel. It treats the full thickness of the epidermis, plus (possibly) a little dermis. I would expect improvement mostly in brown spots. The TCA peel treats even some mid dermis, and improves superficial lines as well.

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

TCA is a deeper peel

You will get a more effective result with a properly applied TCA peel.  This peel penetrates to the superficial dermis.