Is There Much a of a Difference Between 320 Cc and 345 Cc

Still cant decide if i want to go with either 320 or 345 cc round silicone implants iv already had my first consult and going in for my final consult this tuesday coming.. Is there much of a difference between them? because when i tried the sizers i couldnt tell that much of a difference. He also said when they are placed under the muscle they shrink about 10%?

Don't decide beast implant volume by numbers but by appearance

Twenty five cc's is 5 teaspoons.  I wouldn't worry about the difference.  Instead, ask yourself , "If I end up a little different than I had planned, would I rather be a little larger or a little smaller than I expected"  That decision will guide you.

How big are you now?  If you have almost no breast tissue, most of your postoperative size will be implant.  If you are a B cup, you will be half breast tissue and half implant..

Don't get hung up about implant volumes.  This is one area where too many Internet photos have confused patients.  Judge instead by looking at the photos your surgeon showed you and be guided by his or her recommendations.

Nashua Plastic Surgeon

Difference In 320 And 345 Is Negligible

You should not fret about choosing a 345cc versus a 320cc implant.  The difference between the two is less than 2 tablespoons.

John Whitt, MD (retired)

25cc is not likely to be a noticeable size difference in breast implants

More important is the profile of the implant and placement.  There is very little difference between a 320 and 345cc implant.  Sizers are also frequently not like the implant.  You should know if the sizers are the same profile which will be used on you.  Regardless the difference is not likely to be noticeable.

Dev Wali, MD
Claremont Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation implant size

25 cc of difference in size is very little, about the size of two shot glasses and when spread over the entire breast will essentially be unnoticed.  In general, patients wish they had gone a little bigger in inplant size than they chose preoperatively.  All women and men have body assymetries and you may need a bigger implant under the smaller breast in order to achieve better symmetry. If you are really undecided, visit one more time with your plastic surgeon so that everyone is on the same page.

Leo Lapuerta, MD

25 cc difference

Thank you for the question.  25 cc difference would not be that noticeable of a difference.  best to relay to your desired end result specifically with your board-certified plastic surgeon. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Not much

The difference is very minor, especially if you have a larger frame. Trust what your surgeon says and rely on what you think is the best choice.

Not much difference

There's not much difference between 320 and 345. However, just to let you know that one of the biggest regrets from patients after they've had surgery (aside from saying that they'd wished they had done it sooner) is that they wished that they had gone bigger.

Is there much of a difference betwen 320 cc and 345 cc?

Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance. Given your desires, a breast augmentation, with an implant or fat grafting, would be an ideal procedure that would meet your expectations. Breast augmentation is now the most popular procedure performed in plastic surgery today. One tolerated very well by women with minimal downtime and high patient satisfaction.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, etc). Your height, weight, breast width, and body habitus will make a difference for which implant style/projection to choose. Implant profile will also make a difference on the projection, which will influence overall breast/cup size. I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you of results. Sizers are helpful during an in-office consultation. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width. This is the most important determinant for the sizing of implants, which will provide the optimal result and most aesthetically-pleasing result for you.

Consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon well-versed in breast procedures who will examine and discuss with you the various options and factors to consider and help you decide which one will be the right one for you. Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Implant size selection

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

Implant Selection Process

This small a difference will be hard to tell under the muscle.  I would choose the 345cc.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD