Getting a Tummy tuck with bbl. I'm concerned with my Surgeon doing the Tummy tuck first, then flipping me over to do the BBL.

scheduled for 1-12-2017. After asking about steps in the procedure which was estimated for 6.5 hours. I was told TT will be performed first. Can this affect my Tummy Tuck since I'll be flat on it while the bbl is performed?

Getting a Tummy tuck with bbl. I'm concerned with my Surgeon doing the Tummy tuck first, then flipping me over to do the BBL

These two procedures are not generally performed at the same time. When having a tummy tuck with a muscle repair, you are going to find it hard for the first few weeks to stretch out due to everything being so tight. Also, you are not going to want to be laying on your stomach at all. A BBL requires you to prevent any sitting or laying on your butt for the first couple of weeks in order to protect the fat graft. Both of these combined really leaves you with no way to lay or sit and be able to protect and care for both of them at the same time. 

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

TT & BBL

Thank you for your question.Assuming that your surgeon is a board certified plastic surgeon, im sure he has it sequenced like this for a reason. Your health and safety are the surgeon’s number one priority and every surgeon has their own style or technique when performing surgery but we all have the same overall consensus that the patient’s health and safety is our top priority and we will do our best to obtain the patients desired results. I generally do stage these procedures simply because you will have to refrain from sitting on your buttocks for at least 2 weeks after a BBL which means you would need to sleep on your stomach, which may not be optimal when just having a tummy tuck. I would make sure you discuss your post-operative instructions with your doctor and any other questions or concerns you may have so you have all the answers you need before having the surgeries done.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck and BBL

Tummy tuck with BBL is a common combination in our practice.  We typically do liposuction of the stomach first, flip the patient over, do liposuction of the back and hip rolls, then do the fat grafting to the buttocks, then flip the patient back over and do the tummy tuck procedure (as patients are usually flexed at that point to take out the most amount of skin that can be done safely).  Having said that, doctors sometimes do different combinations of positions.  I would ask your surgeon about their plan and your concerns.  They will be able to tell you why they prefer to do things a certain way.  Best of luck!

Cheers,
Dr. Michael Epstein
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL

Tummy tuck bs BBL

I do not perform tummy tuck and buttock fat grafting at the same time. I believe positing during and after the combined procedures would be difficult- usually a tummy tuck must be flexed at the waist which places pressure on fat grafted to the buttocks. Laying face down or side to side to protect pressure on the fat grafts will pull on the tummy tuck sutures.I also think it is too much surgery and too long with risks of dvt, etc.An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations. 

Getting a Tummy tuck with bbl

GreetingsThank you for your question, Trust that your surgeon has the best soluation and evaluation after your examination. Every Surgeon has their own techniques and methods of surgery if your  surgeon is board certified plastic surgeon then you are in safe hands.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck question

Each surgeon is different. Your surgeon may have a very well thought out plan for the sequence of the operation. Discuss this with them. Usually, I would end with the tummy tuck because I need my patient to remain in a flexed position when I'm done with the procedure.