I have these weird indents in my cheeks (Photo)

I get filler under my tear troughs, i have been noticing these indents in my cheeks when i smile....what is the cause of this? Do i need more filler in this area?

Hi there. These are normal indentions in your cheeks that are more pronounced because of your filler. I would recommend you have Voluma injected into your cheeks if this bothers you to correct it. Take a good look at a before picture, from before you even got started with filler. Make sure you bring that photo with you to the doctor before treatment. Good luck, Dr. Downie

Montclair Dermatologic Surgeon

Filling of the tear trough

Filling of the tear trough can be a great solution of hollowing under the eyes.  In thin patients, the enhancement of the mid face can lead to accentuation of the natural depressions of the lateral cheek.   A small amount of filler like Restylane Lyft or Voluma could help solve this problem.  Make sure to seek out an expert physician when considering facial injectables.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

It should be compared to your exam when you are at rest.  That is a dynamic area so when you animate it becomes more noticeable.

Indentations on cheeks

These are natural indentations which might look more pronounced since you had fillers under your eyes. You can consider having Voluma injected into your cheeks to improve this area. Please consult an expert. Best, Dr. Green

Indents in cheeks

These are normal and you may have noticed them more when the other areas were treated Fillers can help but be sure you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Dents in cheeks

These are natural depressions that some people experience with smiling. If you want to minimize them, then get filler placed.

Cheek lines

Hello, and thanks for your question and photos. These lines are the result of normal muscular contraction. They can likely be softened by placement of filler in the cheeks, but I would need to see photos of your face at rest in order to determine a specific treatment plan. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.    

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon