Would a chemical peel or series of peels work to even out my blotchy skin? (Photos)

Would a chemical peel or series of peels work to even out my blotchy skin with generalized hyper-pigmentation which I believe to be secondary to acne, melasma, and sun exposure. Thank you.

Peels for hyperpigmentation

Hello! thank you for your question and for sharing your photos! Yes - generally speaking Jessner's peels (which go by many different names - Illuminze, Vitalize and Rejuvanize are just a few of them....) would make a beautiful difference for your skin. However - be aware that the kind of peels you need to make a difference will involve 3-5 days of peeling, and a series of 3-6 peels about a month apart. On the bright side - they will improve you skin texture and fine lines as well as working on pigment. Good luck - and I hope this helps!

A series of light TCA peels should do the trick to better skin coloration.

A series of 6  light 10-15%TCA peels done 2-3 weeks apart is great for evening out skin color problems but a prescription bleaching cream and a cortisone cr is also needed.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Chemical peels

Yes, A series of peels can be beneficial for pigmentation issues of the face. I would also consider pre-treating with bleaching creams for optimal results. I would recommend you make an appointment with a board certified dermatologist who can assess your issues and come up with a treatment plan for you. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Chemical Peel

Thank you for your question. Level 1 IMAGINE Illuminize Peel improves clarity, color and skin texture, and is ideal for first-time patients looking for a gentle treatment that delivers results with no downtime. Please consult in person with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon