Chin looks weird day after Botox? (Photo)

I had a pebble/cobble stone chin, the doctor Injected 6 units of Botox in my chin..the first day I couldn't tell any change but the second day when I put lips together there's a weird ridge and it seems like only part of my muscle is relaxed??? Will this get corrected? I'm really worried because it almost looks worse than before..keep in mind I'm also in my 20's

Chin botox

Thank you for your question and photos.

In general, botox will take 4-5 days before any significant effect is noticed. At 2 days, you are mostly seeing the results of swelling from the injection itself.

If after 2 weeks, you are still unhappy with the appearance you should discuss this with your physician.

Best Regards,
Dr. Stutman

Chin Botox results

I can see what you are talking about. Please wait the 10 days and then if not better, go back to your doc. It doesn't look like it was done correctly. Good news is that it will go back to where is was in about 3 months. I don't often inject this area in younger folks. I try to keep them as natural as possible.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Chin looks weird day after Botox?

Hello Scutebb,

If it has only been 2 days since your Botox, you are only seeing part of the effect.  I'm hoping this is why you have the result you do.  It will take about 7-10 days to reach the maximum effect, at which point more of the muscle should be affected to create a smoother look.  If not, then the good news is the result is only temporary and will go away in about 3 months.  

I'd recommend you follow up with your injector to see what he or she recommends.  Depending on how things look in another week, a unit here or there may be of help.  You don want to avoid receiving too much Botox here as it can worsen the result and even lead to drooling.  So proceed with caution if you are getting any more touched up.  In the future you may consider consulting with a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon who performs his or her own injections.  

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin and Botox

It appears as if too much Botox was placed or placed incorrectly in the chin.  It will take a few months for the muscle to relax and return to normal.  Please consult an expert with Botox for the best cosmetic results