What Filler is Better Than Juvederm to Fix Dent on Cheek?

I fainted from a standing position and hit the left side of my face. I had Juvederm but the dent is still there and my cheek looks fatter on that side. I wasn't happy. Any thing else for my dent?

I hate it, I would rather have 4 toes instead of this dent. In all pictures, black and white the worst, it looks like a hole in my face to me. I try to hide it with my hair and depending on how I smile, it looks bigger.

Doctor Answers 10

Fix Dent on Cheek

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Juvederm Ultra or Juvederm Ultra Plus would work well to treat this area. Radiesse may be another option. This can be a tricky injection to treat properly so ensure you are going to an experienced and expert physician injector.  

West Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 56 reviews

Dent on the face

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Sounds like you had some sort of possible fat necrosis or muscle separation on the cheek from the trauma. It would be interesting to know more of the history( i.e hematoma, etc.)  Fillers like Juvaderm ultra plus or perlane would be helpful to fill that out nicely.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 30 reviews

Dermal filler to fix depression on the cheek

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Patients today can choose from many excellent dermal fillers. Some fillers like Juvederm are very smooth and can work very well in superficial skin levels or thin skin. Other dermal fillers such as Radiesse and Sculptra work best at deeper levels of the skin and to fix depressions.
Your best bet is to work with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has a great deal of experience working with dermal fillers and facial rejuvenation.

You might also like...

Juvederm Plus and Radiesse are both great for dents

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Juvederm Plus and Radiesse are both great for filling in deep facial dents, especially in the cheeks. These fillers are denser and usually last longer also. Deep facial dents also respond well to a deep placement of the filler so often the filler has to be injected under the muscle to achieve the best result.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 217 reviews

Facial Indented Scar, Treat with Subcision and Radiesse

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi Carolina,

Subcision of the scar beneath your skin followed by serial injections of Radiesse will improve your scar. Keep your toes.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 39 reviews

Traumatic atrophy of the cheek and fillers

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There is a good chance that your depressed or atrophic scar can be lifted by filler. If it is too bound down, then with some cutting of the vertical collagen bands by using a needle (subcision) the skin can be lifted. With that same needle already attached to a filler, I have been able to fill with fat injections, Radiesse and hyaluronic acids. Fat injections do tend to respond better and last longer in this type of scar than when used in smile folds. Radiesse is thicker than the hyaluronic acids such as Juvederm and Restylane and may provide a better result than the latter.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 39 reviews

Fillers for dent on cheek

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This is a common complaint after major trauma, Whether this is due to fat necrosis and/or displacement of some of that fat.

I think in the face replacement of fat with like, i.e FAT is superior. Once that is achieved then the fullness and symmetry of the cheek will be assessed and can be dealt with very easy.


Samir Shureih, MD
Baltimore Plastic Surgeon

Better filler

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You can try Perlane or Radiesse or even Artefill as a more lasting filler. They are more expensive but this should answer your issue. Regards.

Raidesse Is A Great Cheek Filler

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You are more likely to get a better correction with Radiesse than Juvederm in that area. What also helps is subcision (cutting the scar bands under the skin using the needle going back and forth).


Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 126 reviews

Options for tethered facial scar: Dent in face!

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This is a difficult but common problem that is often due to scarring from a collection of blood beneath the skin that destroys the normal fat and replaces it with fibrous scar tissue that tethers the skin. Correction is twofold. One is to fill the volume loss and the second is t o release the tethered scar. Your Juvederm did not accomplish the second goal but merely augmented the normal untethered surrounding skin. Some form of scar release wtih subcision or needling must be performed in combination with the filler. Autologous fat is another option

Otto Joseph Placik, MD
Chicago Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 86 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.