Will hardened Bellafill around the corners of the mouth soften once injected with steroids?

I have two areas, one that is definitely scar tissue from injector error and the other that is smaller but bothersome.

Softening with Steroids

Yes, it can help. In addition to 5fu injections, I recommend starting fraxel/venus legacy treatments. I recommend seeing an expert for a formal evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer.

Bellafill nodules

These may respond to steroids. Another solution is 5FU. Physically breaking it up with a needle after numbing also helps. These problems are mostly related to too much product in a small area.

Steven F. Weiner, MD