Can I get a hooked nose without surgery?

My nose is a bit upturned and it bothers me a little, especially with masculine appearance and whatnot. I've always liked hooked noses (and before anyone says this- I know most people don't, I know people spend hundreds to take theirs away, that's NOT what I'm looking for) and wanted one for myself, is there any natural way that can happen? I don't want to really try surgery because of money. So, any techniques of the sort? Or at least some way I can make my nose not as upturned?

Doctor Answers 2

Non Surgical Nosejob Needs--Fillers (voluma, restylane, juvederm)

This is tough to answer without pictures. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a cosmetic dermatologist to discuss your desired results. Facial fillers (Voluma, Restylane, Juvederm) could be used to improve symmetry of the nose. Surgery would be needed for the nostrils/shape. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 196 reviews

Non Surgical Nose Job to Masculanize Upturned Nose

Hi and thanks for your question. I can't tell you for sure until I see photos, but it sounds like what you are describing can be corrected with Non Surgical Rhinoplasty. Adding enough filler to the bridge of the nose will make it look somewhat hooked. If done carefully it will look very natural. I have done this with several patients (as you can imagine, its not a common request) and the results have been great. I usually recommend starting with Voluma because it is soft and natural looking, lasts a long time and is reversible. Once the Voluma dissolves, in a year and a half, Bellafill is an option. That filler should last 5 to 10 years. What you are requesting is a tricky procedure, so make sure that you find an injector who is very experienced in this specific procedure. Hope that helps.

Alexander Rivkin, MD
Los Angeles Physician
4.7 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.