Not satisfied 1 week after lip injections (Photo)

I got lip injections done by a board certified Plastic Surgeon and I have concerns about my outcome. I'm now at a week and it was a tube of Juvederm. I feel like I look like a duck and that they are uneven. I also feel like the top is protruding or sticking out and that the whole thing looks weird. Opinion on my outcome and how I should proceed from here. I paid approximately $500 with a special this month and am hoping to avoid having the whole thing redone completely. I'm not st

Not satisfied 1 week after lip injections

Hello Bnhhh,

It takes about 2 weeks for the swelling following any injection to be gone and to see your final result.  I would agree at this point your lips appear uneven with the top left more full than the top right.  The center of the top lip is also much more full than the rest of the upper lip.  This may be the look you were going for or may represent your own anatomy.  Without seeing before pictures there is no real way to tell. 

After a total of 2 weeks I'd follow up with your injector.  It is possible you simply need a touch up in a few areas or the more drastic option of dissolving the product and starting over (although this does add significant cost depending on the policy). 

I hope this helps and good luck. 

The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

At a week post-Juvederm injections to the lips, you may still be swollen.

At a week post-Juvederm injections to the lips, you may still be swollen. The lips are a very sensitive area and swelling can last for up to two weeks. If you are still unhappy with your results after that time frame, visit your injector again for a follow-up. You can have the Juvederm dissolved if you are truly dissatisfied with your results

Mary E. Hurley, MD
Dallas Dermatologist

Juvederm Filler Botox Toronto

It takes 2 weeks to see how your injection results will turn out. Be patient. When in doubt, speak with your treating physician.

The foregoing information provided is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, it is provided for educational purposes only.
You assume full responsibility for how you choose to use this information.
Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider before starting any new treatment or discontinuing an existing treatment. Talk with your healthcare provider about any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

I suggest another 5 to 7 days and if still not pleased, go back to see your injector who will help you determine best next steps based on your results, anatomy, and objectives. 

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Lip Swelling After Fillers Such as Juvederm or Restylane -- Reverse With Hyaluronidase

If you are unhappy with your lips 1-2 weeks after injection consider reversing the filler and going to an different injector.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lip injections

It can take up to two weeks for swelling to resolve, I would give it another week and if your lips still look uneven and you are unhappy with the result I would return to your injector for correction. Looking at your photo, it looks like the lateral part of you upper lip is too thin in comparison to the fullness of the center. This can be corrected. Best of luck.

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Hi, we have performed mnay lip augmentations using dermal fillers and lip implants over the past 30 years.  From the photos the outer portions of the upper lip are quite thin.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, lips look aesthetically pleasing when the upper lip is approximately 75 % the volume of the lower with both lips a moderate size with a reasonable symmetric shape.  Your upper lip is simply "too" thin on the sides to create that sort of balance which is most likely why you are still not happy after 1 cc of filler.  Since there isn't any way to know where the surgeon did the injections and knowing that when a certain volume of a dermal filler isn't enough to accomplish the desired aesthetic effect, placing more in the precise spot required is the answer.  At some point you may want to consider a permalip implant for upper lip augmentation.  

Hope this helps.

Not happy with lips injections after 1 week

I agree, the normal anatomic landmarks were not enhanced proportionately. I would go back and discuss your concerns. More filler is needed in the lateral aspects of the upper lip. See link.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Unsatisfied After Lip Injections

Hi BNHHH. You are correct that your lips look uneven and there is more volume in the central upper lip compared to the sides. However, you are only a week out and some of this may be swelling. I would give it another week to see if things settle down a bit. If you are still not happy in another week then you can have the product dissolved with Hyaluronidase. Best wishes.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Juvederm and the Lips

It would be very helpful if you could post before and after photos to see the changes that were made from the injections.  I would wait two weeks to see if there is still swelling from the injections.  If you are unhappy you can let the product dissolve since you only had one syringe or have Vitrase injected to dissolve the filler.  Next time consider Restylane fine line or a different filler if you want a more subtle look.  Best, Dr. Green