Which is safer on a bbw - a butt implant or a Brazilian butt lift?

My butt has dimples in it not cute.its big and un shaped im wanting it round

BBL over implants

Most plastic surgeons would recommend a fat transfer procedure (BBL) over buttock implants with regard to safety. You need to consult with a few plastic surgeons in person to determine which is best for your particular body.

BBL Safety

In my practice I prefer the Brazilian Butt Lift over butt implants. There are risks involved with all surgeries, so it is important to find a board certified plastic surgeon who has special expertise in butt augmentation procedures. You should consult in person with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about the potential risks involved with both procedures, and determine which one is best for you. Good luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD

Risk of surgical procedure

I don't know if anybody has exact statistics on the complication rates of either of these two procedures.

Butt implants have a reputation of having a fairly high complication rate with either infections or incisions coming open. I think this is highly dependent on the skill of the plastic surgeon.

complications are fairly uncommon with Brazilian butt lift but can happen including life-threatening complications

I would not choose the procedure based on risks but rather which is going to give you the best results.

The majority of plastic surgeons do not do but implants.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Brazilian butt lift give a natural look with round , and lifted.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from area ( Liposuction ) to transfer to the buttocks and hips.I will tell you with years of experience that implants will not give you a natural look and are up to 60% rejected from the body. Your own fat will be not rejected and give you that natural look and you will not loose the fat after your 6 months procedure.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts. choose one wisely.

Rami Ghurani, MD

Hi. IMHO a Brazilian Butt Lift or fat transfer has less complications than a buttock implant. The complications are also dependent on the surgeon. Is it an experienced surgeon? Is he/she a safe surgeon? This where I strongly suggest you research and research as much as you can prior to maiing your decision. Real Self is a great web site , avail yourself of all that it has yo offer.

I have been in private practice in Miami for 29 years an have performed countless liposuctions and BBLs in what is considered a hot bed for Brazilian Butt Lifts.

You need to know that liposuction or for that matter re injecting fat is not the most technically challenging procedure for a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Search for a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgey with years of experience in liposuction and fat transfers. Look at unbiased reviews. Look at many before and after photos of the surgeon who will be doing your procedure. In South Florida, many clinics provide photos that do not necessarily represent the work to be performed by that particular surgeon. Real Self does a wonderful job of educating individuals considering cosmetic surgery. Avail yourself of this great service.

How about the center, clinic or facility? Are they accredited by a national organization or do they just have State approval. Understand that at the current time, there are three nationally recognized organizations responsible for the highest levels of patient safety, AAAASF, AAACH and JCHO. You owe it to yourself to position yourself for the best possible results but under the most stringent safety regulations.

How about anesthesia? Will you have a medical doctor certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology or a certified nurse anesthetist (CRNA)? Understand that there is no substitute for research. Cosmetic surgery, no matter how simple it may be to the patients, are invasive procedures and as such carry certain risks and complications.

In our office we use TouchMD which is a web based program in which patients have the ability to load their picture unto the program. Many facilities can accommodate patients from as far away as California. I then evaluate them and can actually draw on the picture to show a potential patient where the incisions would be located and how the procedure is to be realized. It's all done to comply with HIPPA which is the federal law that protects the patient's medical information. Look them up.

Give yourself the highest percentage of a sucssesful operation. Come see me for a personal consultation. I see all patients personally and our consultations are complimentary. I wish you the best on your journey. Good luck, Dr PG

Which is safer on a bbw - a butt implant or a Brazilian butt lift? = everything is relative

Everything is relative depending on the complexity of the procedure

Brazilian Butt Lift augments the butt by using your own fat harvested from different areas of the body like the torso

A butt implant augments the butt by placing a silicone implant in the butt area similar to a breast implant

Neither of those procedures correct the dip lens in the butt. 

Dimples in the butt could be corrected by fat transfer to the dimple areas. This could be done at the same time of a BBL or a gluteal implants. Very likely, patients requires more than one treatment to correct those superficial butt irregularities

John Mesa, MD