How soon can you have a tummy tuck after breast reduction?

Further surgery

As long as you have healed and all the swelling has settled you can consult regarding the additional procedure. Not sure why you didn't choose to have the procedures at the same time. I personally tend to leave 6 months between procedures (mainly due to waiting list) but can be performed sooner.

Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Once you are fully recovered you can have your second surgery

There are no hard and fast rules about staging surgeries. Once you recover from one you can have other.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Timing between procedures

I believe every surgeon has their preference.  I recommend waiting 3 months.  A TT is typically a longer recovery.  Allowing adequate time for the body to recover before subjecting more trauma is important.  Also, waiting 3 months, some small revision procedures can be safely performed if required.  

Please make an in-person consultation with a ABPS board certified PS to evaluate you and discuss your options.
Hope that helps and best wishes!
Dr. Morales
ABPS Board Certified
Houston, Tx

Rolando Morales Jr, MD

Tummy tuck and breast reduction

As others have pointed out, you can have them both at the same time.  However, if you choose to do them one at a time I would wait 6 weeks between surgeries as a minimum.  Hope this helps.

Combined procedures

Dear Januah:

It is quite common for a breast reduction to be performed at the same time with a tummy tuck.  In fact, these procedures are what are typically described as part of a "mommy makeover" procedure.  However, if you have already had your tummy tuck, I would suggest waiting at least 4-6 weeks before opting for another procedure.  You want to give yourself and your body time to heal from the first procedure.  Please see a board certified PS to learn more about your options.  Best wishes,

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Tummy Tuck Timing Following Breast Reduction

Hi, Januah

Sounds like you are on the road to a make-over? Congratulations!

I generally recommend waiting three (3) months, and preferably six (6), between large surgeries. Although, as other doctors have answered, it is acceptable to do so sooner. My recommendation for more time is to allow the body to recover nutritionally, buildi up its protein stores and correct any post-operative anemia.  (Also, as has already been mentioned in another physician's answer, the procedures certainly may be done together, providing you are a good candidate -- but I am assuming that you have already had your breast reduction surgery?)

Best of luck :)

Giovanna Ghafoori, MD
Harlingen Plastic Surgeon

You can have them at the same time

These procedures are done routinely at the same time.  If your reduction is done under insurance and you have to have it done at a hospital or surgery center, they will typically provide cosmetic pricing for the facility and anesthesia so you aren't forced to separate your surgeries if you don't want to.  If it's a cosmetic reduction, you can do the same thing.  Typically doing them together means only one recovery and one anesthesia and would be preferred.  I'm not aware of any study that provides a guideline for timing between surgeries- knee jerk reaction is to say 6 weeks, but there are many factors involved.  Hope this helps.

-JGH

You should wait at least 6 weeks. Consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. Best of luck. 

Regards,. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Tummy tuck post breast reduction

Hello and thank you for reaching out. Typically, if there are no health issues or complications, 6 weeks is the earliest that one surgery can be followed by another. Check with your surgeon to be sure of their specific rules and preferences. Best Wishes.

Timeline for Tummy Tuck after breast reduction

Typically patients can have these procedures done at the same time. If you prefer to wait in between, there really is no timeline to wait, it is more  based on when you feel up to it. You could have your tummy tuck the next day after your breast reduction if you wanted to. 

R. Scott Yarish, MD