I had xeomin treatment for crows feet, 3 units on a side of each eye.. Total 6 units. I don't like result!

I had xeomin treatment for crows feet week ago, 3 units on a side of each eye.. Total 6 units. I don't like result because one eye is different then the other, and low eyelids are swollen! How long it can last if doctor injected only 3 units? Can it wear of faster?

Crows Feet

3 units per side for crows feet does not seem like enough for that area. Most recommendations start out with 15-20 units per side. At 3 units per side that is not enough to cause the effect that you are experiencing. Please make sure that you are seeing a board certified doctor and I would also discuss the results with the doctor.

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Xeomin

Thank you for your question in regards to Xeomin. It can take up to two weeks for total correction to set in. Also, the amount of Xeomin injected is a very small amount and typically would not have a significant result. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Xeomin for Crows Feet

This seems like a low dose for this area.  The FDA studies for Botox are based on 12 units per side.  Xeomin works like and is dosed like Botox.  3 units per side is probably not enough to cause any effect.  I usually start at 15-20 units total for lateral canthal lines aka "crows feet"  Make sure that you are going to a board certified doctor's office for the best results.  

Are you certain that you only received 6 units?  Could it possibly have been six injections between the two sides.  I don't know of anyone who would benefit from only 3 units per side in my experience.  Discuss your results with your surgeon or at the least take a photo to e mail to him/her.  The usual dose for crow's feet of mild/moderate intensity is about 15-20 units total.  

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Certified, Am Board of Plastic Surgery
Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV
Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

#Botox #Xeomin - 6 units

Six units is a relatively small dose of neurotoxin.  I think it's unlikely that the degree of asymmetry you're noticing is due to that alone.

You should speak with your plastic surgeon to discuss exactly what was done and see if there's another possible explanation for what you're seeing.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. Alan Engler
Member of #RealSelf100

Crows feet

Hi Selenia

Thank you for your question.  3 units on each eye is not going to make a difference in terms of outcome.  Most patients take 10-12 units on each eye alone.  It is best to follow up with your injector if you are not happy with the results.  We usually have patients wait 1 full week for the botox to fully settle.  Best of luck to you

Xeomin

Thank you for your question.  It takes 2 weeks before seeing results.  It is unlikely with 3 units on each side you are going to see much of a difference.  Typically most patients requires 6-12 units of Botox/Xeomin in each crows feet.  In my experience Xeomin requires more units than Botox to achieve equivalent effects.  Please follow up with your physician for further evaluation and management.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Xeomin for Crow's Feet

Hello!  I am sorry you are unhappy with your results.  Results can take up to two weeks, but the amount you had injected is much less than the average amount needed for adequate results in the crow's feet. You will probably find it helpful to wait the full two weeks and then return to your injector for evaluation.  Best wishes!

Anna Magee, MD
Charlottesville Dermatologic Surgeon

Xeomin Botox and Dysport Results -- TAKE 2 WEEKS

results take 2 weeks to see and 3 units is VERY little.  I suggest you speak to your physician if you are concerned.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Xeomin results

If your treatment was one week ago, I would recommend waiting a full 2 weeks before you determine the final result.  Xeomin (and any of the other neuromodulators) can take up to 2 weeks to fully start working.  You may notice some asymmetry because one side started working on the muscle before the other side.  Some swelling my still be lingering in the lower eyelids from the injection.  Lower eyelids can stay swollen longer than other parts of the face.

After 2 weeks, if you are not happy with your result, I would recommend contacting your doctor.  You may need a little adjustment with an additional treatment of Xeomin.

Unfortunately there is no way to have the Xeomin wear off faster.  It will wear off gradually over ~3 months.

Kyle T. Yamamoto, MD
Reno Facial Plastic Surgeon