Xeomin vs botox and dysport?

Today for the first Time I got Xeomin, 50 units on my foreheads and around eye area. Last time, 6 months ago, I did 70 units of dysport on my forehead. Would like to know, is Xeomin as effective as dysport (which I prefer over botox), and what is the unit by unit wit dysport. And how many units of Botox equals to units of xeomin

Xeomin Effectiveness

Unit for unit, xeomin is equal to botox. It is mixed the same and administered the same. THE most important factor in determining you result is WHO places the medication. Assuming the toxin is mixed correctly, who puts it in is more important than the toxin itself (in my opinion). I would suggest that you only go to a practitioner who administers this medication on a daily basis. I would steer clear of non-cosmetic practitioners (ie family docs who provide this service).

Las Vegas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Comparison of Xeomin, Botox and Dysport

Thank you for sharing your good question. These products are all effective, but from my experience, Xeomin does not seem to last as long as the other two. It is probably more important to choose a very experienced doctor than selecting which product to use. Good luck.

James R. Gordon, MD, FACS, FAAO
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Xeomin vs dysport vs botox

Botulinum toxin A comes in three different brands, the oldest and most marketed one being botox. Botox and Xeomin have been studied and have been found to be a 1:1 ratio. Dysport on the other hand is more like 2.5-3:1 ratio. It all depends on technique of injection, the patient's anatomy, and length of reconstitution.

Ana Carolina Victoria, MD
Miami Oculoplastic Surgeon

#Botox #Xeomin - Xeomin vs botox and dysport?

The simplest way to view it is that for Botox and Xeomin the units are equivalent; ie, 1 unit of Botox works like 1 unit of Xeomin.  For Dysport, however, it's about a 3:1 ration versus the other two.

So:  1 unit of Botox = 1 unit of Xeomin = 3 units of Dysport.

Of equal importance is making sure that your preparation is fresh.  Eventually (ie after several weeks) the preparations will weaken. 

It's appropriate and fair for you to know how many units you're getting of whichever product is being offered, and how old it is.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. Alan Engler
Member of #RealSelf100

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Botox vs. Xeomin vs dysport

All of the neurotoxins are essentially the same and only differ on how they are diluted prior to treatment. It is much more important to have an experienced reputable injector than what neurotoxin is used.

Kristin J. Tarbet MD, FACS
Bellevue Oculoplastic Surgeon

Xeomin vs botox and dysport?

Hello, and thanks for your question. Botox and Xeomin are roughly equal in terms of dosing. Botox/Xeomin are 2.5 to 3 times stronger than Dysport. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.  

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Xeomin vs. botox vs dysport

They are different formulations but the mechanism of action is the same.  For most patients satisfactory results can be achieved with any of the three if dosed properly.  Botox works and is dosed the same as Xeomin while Dysport requires more units to have the same results.  

Michael L. Workman, MD

Xeomin vs botox and dysport?

I have always preferred Xeomin or Botox to dsyport just based on personal experience.  The doses of Xeomin and Botox are equivalent.  Most areas require about 20 units, sometimes slightly more or slightly less depending on the muscle strength.  It helps to avoid bruising if you avoid any blood thinning medicines for about ten to fourteen days before your injection.  Enjoy and best wishes....

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Certified, Am Board of Plastic Surgery
Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV
Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Xeomin vs Botox vs Dysport

All three of these are excellent products.  Botox has been around the longest and has by far the strongest brand recognition.  I use a lot of Xeomin in my practice as I find that it gives equivalent results to Botox and provides a great value to my patients.  The more important decision is which injector you choose and trust to inject your face. This is far more important than which of the three products you choose because they all work well in expert hands.

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

#Botox in Williamsville, NY

Botox is the best product. It is considered the #RollsRoyce of neurotoxins. I do not use lesser products in my practice even though they have a price advantage/profit margin which is higher than Botox. 

Best
Dr Karamanoukian
#RealSelf100 Member

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon