Bonding or veneers for my small lateral incisors? (photos)

I've been doing a version of invisalign for awhile now to correct the gap between my front teeth and prepare potentially for bonding or veneers on my lateral incisors (dentist prefers veneers). I can only afford to do the two teeth. I really really want my teeth to look super natural. I am concerned about how expensive veneers may be down the line, in particular. But the most important thing is how they'll look and hopefully whether it will be cost-effective in the long run.

Veneers vs. bonding?

Thanks for posting the pictures. I do agree with the previous dentist somewhat. Ideally your arches would have been expanded by orthodontics instead of being collapsed. Maybe there is information that we don't have as to why you chose the treatment you did. To answer your question, I suggest doing the veneers if your dentist is very capable of matching the color and being conservative. I think you will be happier with the more symmetrical and fuller smile in the front.  

Bonding vs veneers #DrSoftTouch

When considering the two options, it is important to keep in mind that bonding is more of a temporary fix as it is not very durable and stains easily. Bonding is less expensive than veneers upfront, but you will likely have to have the bonding redone many times over the next several years. For the best esthetic result that will last decades, I would recommend investing in porcelain veneers. I hope this helps. Click save on the save button below my name, so that you may ask me more questions in the future.  

Bonding vs. veneers

In your case both options of bonding and porcelain veneers are possible.  If cost is a big concern, then bonding is your best option.  However, if you want a more natural look and long term solution, porcelain veneers would be the best option.  Bonding can chip and stain easier.

In addition since you are doing only two teeth, color matching will be vital. 

Dr. Maddahi

Kourosh Maddahi, DDS
Beverly Hills Dentist

Bonding vs Veneers

Thank you for your question and pictures. The situation you have with your lateral incisors is not uncommon. The laterals are frequently misshaped and sometimes missing altogether. Being that your concerns are both esthetic and financial, I definitely recommend placing the 2 porcelain veneers. Porcelain, which is a glass, is always going to give you the most natural, best long term results. Composite bonding material is a plastic resin that discolors and stains with time. You might save some money upfront if you choose bonding, but over your lifetime, you'll spend more maintaining and replacing the bonding than you would with porcelain veneers. If done by a skilled cosmetic dentist, porcelain veneers will last many years.

Bonding vs veneers

Hi, thanks for the pictures. It is weird that your teeth are retroclined if you had invisalign but if you have a good occlusion it could work. Here in Dominican Republic porcelain veneers cost $350.00 us and composite veneers $200.00. Also there are many places where you can get a complete quote for hotel and transportation...

Good luck!

Yocasta Caba, DDS
Dominican Republic Dentist

Lateral incisors

Great question--I would recommend that you see a cosmetic dentist that can show you a mock up or preview of the two veneers that you are looking for. Most dentists will steer you to porcelain veneers as they are superior for the long term and many dentists are not as proficient in providing long lasting composite bonded veneers.

Composite can also be a great upgrade when costs are critical for you. 

Other dentists are correct when they recommend further orthodontics to expand your arches and better stabilize your bite. Bonded composite veneers can be an immediate option to bridge later to more comprehensive options for you.

good luck

Bonding or veneers for my small lateral incisors?

Both  bonding or porcelain veneers can give you a very natural result to enhance the size of your lateral incisors.   Because your lateral incisors are small, either procedure can be done with minimal or no preparation of the teeth .  It would be best to preserve as much of the enamel  of your teeth as possible,  To keep sensitivity to a minimum and to enhance the bonding process .  Bonding can be done in one visit and  should be less than half the cost of porcelain veneers.   Porcelain veneers are more colors stable than bonding .  Both bonding and porcelain veneers when done well can last 10 years or more.   If the bonding or the porcelain veneer should fracture or break, it is much easier and less expensive to repair bonding then to replace a porcelain veneer.  I would   recommend  bonding if cost is a factor;  porcelain veneers if you can afford the extra cost .   I have done both of these procedures on teeth similar to yours with very natural  and long-lasting results .