How Much Does It Cost to Fix Torn Earlopes That Are Not Torn All the Way Through?

i had my ears pierced when i was younger on my earlobes, over the years i began to notice tht my small holes have become more of a line causing my studs to hang and fall through my ears. how much would this cost to have it fixed?

Heavy earrings are the usual culprit

Usually, heavy earrings over time lead to dilated or elongated earlobe holes.  Occassionally a child can grab an earring and cause a rip all the way through.  Techniques to repair these two types are usually similar and the fees range from $500 to $1000 each.

Ear lobe reconstruction cost

• Ear Lobe surgery cost varies significantly for a number of good reasons: Prices vary greatly because the surgery itself encompasses a wide range of techniques that can be performed to different extents. My recommendation is to first find the most qualified surgeons where you want the surgery performed that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery or Facial Plastic Surgeon you trust, then compare prices between them. See the below link on suggestions on how to find the most qualified plastic surgeon for your procedure. General Factors that influence the price of plastic surgery include:

• 1. Location - Most procedures will be performed in a doctor’s office where costs can be contained. If not will it be performed in a hospital or an independent out- patient facility? Geographical location also has a significant influence. RealSelf has average charges for most areas of the USA.

• 2. Type of Anesthesia – local anesthesia is typical and less costly. If IV sedation or General Anesthesia is used: Will a board certified anesthesiologist, nurse anesthetist, or an RN be used?

3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best and longest trained is most often a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how difficult will your surgery be and how long it will take, etc.
  • #earlobesurgery
  • #earloberepair
  • #earloberepaircost

Fixin torn lobes

Geographic costs and names of experienced doctors can be found on Real Self or the websites for the American Society of plastic surgeons for the American Society of aesthetic plastic surgery

Earlobe repair cost

The cost for earlobe repair is a common question. Earlobes requiring repair can be from a variety of reasons. Some may include a torn earlobe from a pulled earring, gauged earlobes that are now unwanted, facelift surgery causing pulled earlobes, or just simply elongated from older age.

Because of the variety of different causes, earlobe repair may vary in complexity. A price range would be $500-$900 per earlobe. This will vary also depending on the region of the country you are in and the surgeon's expertise. I have some special techniques that I employ to minimize scarring and notching that can be seen if not reconstructed properly. This repair can be performed comfortably under local anesthesia to avoid any additional fees such as anesthesia fees. Earlobes can be re-pierced 6 weeks later if desired.

Consult with an experienced board certified facial plastic / plastic surgeon in you area.

Raymond E. Lee, MD

Partial earlobe tears

Our office specializes in earlobe repairs in Los Angeles. Typically, the repairs take less than 30 minutes to complete and patients are sent home with basic wound care instructions. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

How much does it cost to fix torn earlobes

To fixed  torn earlobes  whether they are partially torn or fully torn through, usually costs roughly $600  per ear. The procedure is performed under local anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure in our office/ outpatient surgery center 

Torn earlobe repair costs

Torn earlobe repairs can be done in the office under local anesthesia. The procedure is relatively straightforward and can be done in under an hour. You may need to have sutures removed a weeks time. We typically charge $500 for one ear and $250 for the second ear if needed.  The procedure would be the same whether you are repairing a partially or fully torn earlobe.

Earlobe repairs can be done easily and painlessly.

Ear lobe repairs can be done easily and painlessly for roughly $500-750 per earlobe under local anesthesia. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Ear lobe repair cost

Down my way in Alabama, it's generally $200-400 per ear for repair of a torn or stretched ear lobe piercing.  It is done in the office with local anesthesia in about 20-30 minutes/ear with no real downtime.  The exact technique is dictate by your ear shape.

Michael Bowman, MD
Roanoke Facial Plastic Surgeon

Repair Cost for Enlarged But Not Completely Torn Earlobes

Fees vary widely from city to city and according to what earlobe repair or earlobe reshaping is performed. 

It is unusual to not have to cut to the rim when repairing even an enlarged earlobe hole because if you only cut out the hole and repair it the earlobe tends to elongate and look unnatural.  To repair the enlarged earlobe and restore a normal shape you almost always have to cut the rim.

The fees usually range from $600 to $1,800 in New York City for most of earlobe repair and earlobe  reshaping procedures.

Fredrick A. Valauri, MD